Ex-hadfield steel workers

gbstar1

Hello,

I have been undertaking the most comprehensive study of the Hadfields East Hecla work for over a year now and my programme is almost complete.

I am not a student and this is a large proffessional programme quite unlike anything else that has been made on the Sheffield Steel industry before. Needless to say due to copyright and non-disclosure restrictions I cannot go into detail here as to what it is all about, but within the next 6 months it will be available for everyone to access.

The final part of this programme requires me to contact old employees of the old East Hecla Works of Hadfields steel company, where Meadowhall is built now for the possibility of them to refine some of the errors that may have been made.

This may include chats about certain jobs, experiences or even them to look at pre-published reconstructions of the actual 90 acre site that has been built for them to input their knowledge.

All the major museums and archivists have knowledge of this programme (although are at this point restricted from talking about it) and can verify that this work is legit.

I would be very grateful if any people who had connections to the EAST HECLA part of HADFIELDS would get in touch.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...

Now why does all that ring alarm bells with me :suspect:

'I can't tell you who I am, who I work for, or what I'm doing, but give me info about yourself' is usually a request best answered by 'bugger off!'

The mention of credible establishents who 'can't tell you' either only reinforces my suspicions :mad:

Originally posted by Strix

Now why does all that ring alarm bells with me :suspect:

'I can't tell you who I am, who I work for, or what I'm doing, but give me info about yourself' is usually a request best answered by 'bugger off!'

The mention of credible establishents who 'can't tell you' either only reinforces my suspicions :mad:

I can personally vouch that GB1star is totally honest. My wife and I worked at Hadfields , I worked in the melting shops and my wife worked in the post office in the sixties/seventies. It wasn't any "personal info " he actually wanted, it was work practices within the steel industry and particularly Hadfields.

Lighten up Strix, not a lot of people who post on the forum work for MI5

:suspect::hihi:

deecee

Originally posted by deecee

Perhaps they do but not a lot of them !

lol deecee

:rolleyes:

It only takes one!

Work practices? I actually suspected that this may be something to do with a lawsuit on somebody else's behalf. Or defence of a negligent employee.

I wouldn't trust anybody you know nothing about. Particularly if you've 'met' them so annonymously on the internet.

Just to put the record straight:-

gbstar1 is doing a kind of 3D interactive reconstruction of the old East Hecla works. He is preparing it on his laptop and when it is finished it will be shown at Magna. All he wanted information for was so that he could get it correct. I introduced him to a friend of mine who used to work at Hadfields and I think he got a lot of information from him.

There is no ulterior motive behind this, I think he didn't want to disclose the reason for his posting in case someone else got the same idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I appologise for my absence on this issue but it shows good in the people who are willing to fight my corner while I have been away.

Unfortunately it also shows the wrong asumptions than can be jumped to by small minded people!

If STIX and KRISTIAN were to drag themselves away from channel 5 tv they will find there are genuine people out there.

There are no Mi5 or x-file undercurrents, no investigation for claims or anything other!

It comes to something when somebody does a genuine piece of work for the sake of Sheffields' heritage only to be belittled by paranoid people.

I am NOT somebody who is collecting any sort of personal data, and have shown this to the real people whom I have already met!

It is true that for legal reasons I couldnt discuss at length the project, however a number of institutuions including the local studies dept., Kelham Island and indeed Magna can all vouche for my integritty!

I put it to you stix and kristian that if you have any issues with the way I have gone about doing this honest piece of work to contact me personally, put up or shut up!

gbstar

Archived