Resturant like Thyme Cafe?

Emma18

Hello everybody, I'm wanting to try somewhere new to eat but I always end up returning to Thyme Cafe. Can anybody recommend me a place to eat which serves simular food to Thyme Cafe and is in that price rage.

Thanks.

I too have searched for food like Thyme cafe, there is no other, which is unfortunate. One cafe we went in recently which was fantastic food, was at Nether Edge, Green Cafe? Something like that, the food was spot on, but it is only open during the day. I hate the fact that Thyme cafe is the best place around, as it gets so busy, and they are very comfortable about it, 'come in or don't, we don't care' but can afford to adopt that attitude.

For light food in nice surroundings (is Thyme Café nice?) you deserve to go to Rowleys in Baslow, or perhaps the Garden Room at The Cavendish, also in Baslow! :)

It's not nearly as far as you think once you're in the car.

Rowleys - an excellent mackeral starter followed by a highly edible rib of beef with equally impressive al-dente vegetables (2 months ago). The Chef/Patorn has 'pedigree' with connections to the consistent Fischers, one of Sheffield's only michelin starred establishments. Some very good cooking.

Archived