Anyone remember ten town

kirky

it was on the woodthorpe estate around the early to mid 70's,it was an adventure play groung thingy that had been built by students for the local kids,it had a five aside football pitch,tarzan swings,comando nets, pullies and alsorts of other things.....perhaps if we had things like that today on the estates the chavs might leave our cars alone..then again perhaps not:(

When I was first walking the japanese akita I was very pleased when I discovered that section of field leading down to the rear of the Springwood, a nice grassy area for dog walking. Further exploration took me across the road at the bottom and into the woods behind the old college. I wandered around there for hours and then discovered the foot bridge leading across the main road and the woods and fields beyond. Poor old Akira the akita may not of been accustomed to long walks when we started going out but he soon developed the muscles to keep up with me. Often wondered though why other dog owners on Woodthorpe had no idea as to were I was talking about.

I helped build Tentown,some pupils from Newfield School had the opportunity to go down & I went ,most of my family come from the Manor & Woodthorpe.It was a great project shame there's nothing for the kids now.My wife fell & hurt herself & I still get the blame today,she lived on Harborough Avenue & I ended up living on Fitzhubert Road.

Originally posted by tosh13

I helped build Tentown,some pupils from Newfield School had the opportunity to go down & I went ,most of my family come from the Manor & Woodthorpe.It was a great project shame there's nothing for the kids now.My wife fell & hurt herself & I still get the blame today,she lived on Harborough Avenue & I ended up living on Fitzhubert Road.

i lived on queen mary close

• 4 months later...