Anyone remember ten town

kirky

I remember ten town well.It was at the bottom of woodrove ave opposite the fields.Only went in a couple of times but my older sister was often there with her mates.Used to serve the manor kids and woodthorpe kids.Stopped them getting bored.All changed round there now.My family all still live round there. Often pass the place where it was.Lots of new houses on manor now and woodthorpe shops are a mess.Went to woodthorpe school.Oh the memories,:D

Originally posted by depoix

as i remember it was at the bottom of the hill on harbrough avenue, the field it was on led to the springwood pub

That's correct my wife came from Harborough Avenue & I helped build it with my school Newfield it was late 1969 or early 1970.

• 1 month later...

HI Kirky

I remember Ten Town, I'm not sure that if it were built now that it would be given the all clear by health and safty!! it was a littly bit risky. unfortunatly for me I was from over by richmond park ( the otherside of the College) so it was a little bit dangerous for me to use ten town."might have had my head kicked in by some of the manor locals "you Know the Minchers lived just around the corner" Ha Ha

hi kirky visited threre myself from the cliffe woudnt have gone but new the barretts polly/malc/steve/kevin also from the cliffe

who moved on to the woodthorpe..so we were safe made some good mates there al nicholson / jeff stevenson at the time

as you say built from wood...tha lads who built it did a great job....not sure if they closed it down for health and safety reasons ?