Aunt Sally's becoming a Wetherspoons - The Francis Newton

Ricky_22

i only booked it because someone who goes year after year said it was fantastic,but since booking it i have heard loads of bad reviews,so i was in 2 minds as to what it would be like,but didnt want to lose my deposit,and i really dont want to cook this year

Why they would be able to cook nice food on Christmas day when the other 364 days of the year they serve crap will have to remain a mystery!!

i only booked it because someone who goes year after year said it was fantastic,but since booking it i have heard loads of bad reviews,so i was in 2 minds as to what it would be like,but didnt want to lose my deposit,and i really dont want to cook this year

Believe me... if you cooked dinner 2 weeks before x-mas, left it in the airing cupboard and then brought it out on x-mas day, it would taste nicer than aunt sally's!

Seriously though - how about you buy some chicken portions - roast them and serve with baked new potatoes (no peeling!), cooked frozen veg, packet stuffing and some frozen Yorkshires? Round it all off with ready made x-mas pud/mince pies.

(this is not meant to be condescending in anyway and probably would make a nice easy dinner)

If you are wanting to eat out, I think the Crosspool Tavern are doing a reasonable deal - can't remember how much - probably £20 or so. Don't think you will get much cheaper.

• 2 months later...
Going on how darn poor the service and the food was when I went, and what numpties the staff were, hopefully never?

I'd never darken their doorstep again.

Except it's not going to be the same place when it reopens.

That's like saying you are never going to go into Loch Fyne, just because you had a crap meal when it was Hanrahans.