Advice - Motor cycle

Bikesafe down at Owlerton greyhound track (well, the car park) are a good school. I've used them to get my CBT twice :P Planning on doing my DAS with them too.

Scooters - no! It must have gears or don't bother ;) Never ridden the cm, so can't help there. Probably best going over to DISALLOWED LINK and asking there, and they have a good new biker forum.

Well before you can take a bike you need to take your CBT so you can on it with your L plates. Best place I've found for that is Bike safe as mentioned above,

Once passed you can go on any 125cc. Which sheffield and its hills I recommend the 125 as the extra power is needed plus depending on your weight they can get up to about 80 mphs but average out around 50 to 60mph.

Once passed the CBT lasts for 2 years before you need to retake it. But you can move to do your DAS which is the full license that is unstricted.

As for a scooter/bike its your choice.

Scooters are automatic so they are easier to ride but they don't really have the power.

Motor bike/cycles on the other hand come in automatic like above but have the power or manual (good old clutch!)

Just google bikesafe sheffield but to give you some warning lots of bike training places in sheffield have closed down and there only a few left. So there is a waiting time of around 3 weeks but most will do a free trail to get you on the bike so they can see how you are and advise how much training they think you need.

(I passed my CBT a few weeks ago and start my DAS 2nd week of next month)

Also I've seen some people give up after a few hours on the bike sometimes like my self it can take a while. First name I couldn't realy control it when i went back on the 2nd day for my CBT about 10 minutes on the bike it clicked.

Once passed you can go on any 125cc. Which sheffield and its hills I recommend the 125 as the extra power is needed plus depending on your weight they can get up to about 80 mphs but average out around 50 to 60mph.

Get a nice 2 stroke and you'll happily hit 90 and cruise around 75 ;)

Archived