The Last Laugh Comedy Club is moving!

lastlaugh

No they don't, and that's been one of our challenges over the past few weeks. In four weeks, we've had four different PA set ups as we try to find the best way of running amplication in a room that was built a long time before speaker cabs were invented. Last night was pretty much bang on, so we hope to have the mix right now.

To be fair happylady, my money's fairly safe. Will and I both know that he's never bought tickets for The Last Laugh, as he worked with us for eighteen months at The Roundhouse. Some of the staff at The Roundhouse were upset when they heard the club was moving, as were we at first, and it obviously still rankles.

Ta for this info Lastlaugh - seems some people are sore losers! Am looking to celebrating my birthday at the City Hall and its a building us Sheffielders are very proud of. Will report back on my night out on the 31st and if there is any criticism it will be presented in a positive form.

I went along last night with my boyfriend and a couple of friends. We had a great night and the venue really is lovely. The staff were friendly and the acts were very entertaining. My only complaint would be the volume of the music before and between the acts. It was so loud that even sat next to our friends,shouting directly into their ear drums they still could not hear a word we were saying! Which was a real shame as we had come to the comedy club as an alternative to clubbing - so that we could talk to each other!

A great night but don't expect to talk to any of the people you are with!

My only complaint would be the volume of the music before and between the acts. It was so loud that even sat next to our friends,shouting directly into their ear drums they still could not hear a word we were saying! Which was a real shame as we had come to the comedy club as an alternative to clubbing - so that we could talk to each other!

A great night but don't expect to talk to any of the people you are with!

Ouch - that saddens me.

Along with Boroughgal, I was going to be organising a forum meet there sometime in the near future. One of the main reasons I like comedy clubs is that in between comics, you can actually converse with the people you've gone out with - because again, like you Jazle, that's one of the main reasons I hate clubbing. What's the point in going out if you can't have a laugh with your friends?

People will always find something to talk about both before and in between spots - it's a comedy club - there are usually going to be funny people visiting yah? Think about it. :)

I was really looking forward to trying out the new venue (although I was sorry to hear that it was no longer at The Roundhouse, but fully understand that things need to change and are not always under our control) but this has now kinda put me off somewhat.

We went to Lescar for the first time last week. Spit and sawdust it might be, but we had a bloody good night. The room was air conditioned, smoke-free (obviously) the music was quietly playing in the background - allowing the people I'd taken and I to have laughs of our own in between the great comedians. I really enjoyed that. Being slowly deafened with someone else's choice of music is my idea of hell.

Think I'll wait to see how the sound/music thing pans out before making a booking.

Ava Vidal rocks btw :love:

Stagey x

I went last night and had a good night - nice venue, funny acts, good laugh, disco after.

I could pick faults such as poor choice of beer, lack of Hendersons with pie, disco music too cheesey but you simply don't worry about that kind of stuff at a comedy club you just enjoy yourself! And our group had no problems talking to one another - maybe WE were loud?!

Announcements were done by the DJ who also introduced the compere and generally maintained an atmosphere before/after the show and during the breaks so worked well in my mind. Bar shut whilst the comics were on stage to discourage people wandering around but you could get 4 pint jugs of lager so wasn't a problem.

I went last night and had a good night - nice venue, funny acts, good laugh, disco after.

I could pick faults such as poor choice of beer, lack of Hendersons with pie, disco music too cheesey but you simply don't worry about that kind of stuff at a comedy club you just enjoy yourself! And our group had no problems talking to one another - maybe WE were loud?!

Announcements were done by the DJ who also introduced the compere and generally maintained an atmosphere before/after the show and during the breaks so worked well in my mind. Bar shut whilst the comics were on stage to discourage people wandering around but you could get 4 pint jugs of lager so wasn't a problem.

Interested to read your write up and sounds good. We're going with a group in a couple of weeks and have got tickets. Did you have a problem getting a table together? Do you have to get there early to be sure of a table?

Interested to read your write up and sounds good. We're going with a group in a couple of weeks and have got tickets. Did you have a problem getting a table together? Do you have to get there early to be sure of a table?

Well, if your ticket says its for a table then i'm sure you will certainly get a table.

When you arrive they check your ticket and tick you off and a member of staff shows you to your table. Wasn't sure whether the table numbers were allocated in advance or when you arrived.

I would suggest if you are going in a group and want to sit together you don't get there too last minute just in case. Also bear in mind they sell every seat at that table, so if your group doesn't fill a table then you may well be sharing with others - just like you would in a theatre auditorium really.

Doors open at least an hour before the show begins, and the bars are open from the beginning and they have background music on, so don't worry about getting bored if you get there early! Also when you get to your table the staff come to take any food orders required (all snacky stuff such as pie & peas, nachos or chip butties and nothing costs over a fiver) and you have the choice of eating either before the show or during the first interval.

thanks andy C, glad you enjoyed the night out hopefully thats what everyone will regard the last laugh comedy club as not just the elements that make it up.

the disco is a bit cheesey, but we hope its easy listening as well, the food is now all fresh and nicely served, the comedy is still as it always has been top quality, and the venue is the best Sheffield has to offer in terms of location, hospitality and service.

The pre show announcements are essential, as we know and observe every night not everyone has been to a comedy club before, and the requests for not talking during the acts are to ensure that everyone does get to hear all the material that the acts have got to deliver.

We will continue to work on the sound system but as LAST LAugh reports this weekend we had in system MK IV and it appears that we have arrived at great coverage of all the room, whilst maintaing great sightlines of the stage and of course not damaging any part of the Memorial hall building.

Lets hope you all keep enjoying the shows.

Archived