Heeley Memories

spent lots time on the docker. remember clay whangers.? broke my leg on there when i was 6 yrs old

ok you have 5 post's now.PM me & tell me who you are the suspence is driving me nuts LOL

the Heeley Festival is on today, (sat 17th June 2006) at Heeley City Farm

Radio sheffield doing an OB, and *sigh* mentioned old man Taggy, and Taggy's field.

*drools at teh thought of a Taggy's icecream sandwich*

PT

Hi DUFFEMS,

I believe you said that you lived on upper valley road, and went to carfield school. I lived on rushdale and went to carfield from 1949 to1964.

Where abouts on upper did you live , anywhere near duckers, or memmots.

Might know you.Anyone else on here from MEERSBROOK.

DAVIDED

hi davided

sorry friend but a case of mistaken id. i went to annes rd. left in 65. but knew the duckers ( builders? ) there are quite a few posts about meersbrook and carfield further back in the thread. i`m new to this stuff so i hope i`m sending it to the right place. take care friend

Hi Tosh, I remember Mr Golding, a huge man who wore a sandy coloured tweed suit, he could be writing on the blackboard, and if anyone spoke he would pick up the blackboard rubber, still carry on writing, but he could hit his target without turning round.

hi applegrim.

thesaying ,eyes in the back of his head had to be about him. lol. he had the total respect of our class for the 2 years he was our form teacher. very rare for any to step outof line. he used to tell us he was the worlds biggest dwarf, and shortest giant. !!! and for no apparent reason would would send a couple of our class to "go to the sweet shop" then share em out. ...

Hi Tosh, I remember Mr Golding, a huge man who wore a sandy coloured tweed suit, he could be writing on the blackboard, and if anyone spoke he would pick up the blackboard rubber, still carry on writing, but he could hit his target without turning round.

I do recall the suit as well,he was a nice old guy ,but he could be nasty when he wanted to be,he did not like talking in class & the chalk used to fly all over the place.In one class room I remember a big map in the left hand corner of the class,in the big playground I fell down a little drain & twisted my ankle & I remember a kid falling on the spikes at the bottom gate while climbing over it.Does anyone remember a lad called Steven Worm ,he was a runner very tall for his age.