Heeley Memories

Hi Cynthia i was born in 1946 at 13 mundella place and went to mundella school i stayed for my tea at night until my sister maureen came to fetch me. Do you remember Mrs Rhodes at the corner shop then mrs newall who had a daughter rita who was the same age as my sister then mrs mathews who had joan and peter then

15 david travis

17 mrs jackson

19 bernard and edmund greenwood

23 gillian crouch cannot remeber name of sister

25 julie and john slater

31 sylvia warner she also had a sister

37 Mr & mrs duffin he was a police sgt

there was also the couple at no 29 cant remeber name but he had a minature railway ibn his garden he was friendly but he wife was a bit stuck up.

Were you any relation to the above

do you remember Lynne Jackson lived next door mrs greaves fish shop also the drapers shop MRS WORRALL she had a son

gloria scorthorn she had 3 brothers derek tony and ?

hope these names jog your memory

Hi Norton girl. My husbands Aunt and cousins were the Mathews and his grandmother Travis lived at number 15.

I am sorry to say that his Aunt died three years ago, she was in her late ninety's, this may seem a strange statement but she enjoyed very good health until the day that she died, it was quite sudden. Peter died last year.

Take care, Cynthia. Canada.

hi cynthia sorry to hear aout your aunt and peter. peters son played football with my son david for the methodist church i was the manager for 3 years and they won all the 5 trophy's in there last season. david travis was brought up with me when we were little until they moved down meersbrook. then we met again at carfield school how long have you been in canada and do you wish you were back in england .the last time i saw joan mathews was when she lived at the side of graves park. davids mom was called melia was that your husbands grandmother.

best wishes norton girl

hi cynthia sorry to hear about your aunt and peter. peters son played football with my son david for the methodist church I was the manager for 3 years and they won all the 5 trophy's in their last year. David Travis was brought up with me when we were little until they moved to meersbrook.then we met again at Carfield School . how long have you been in canada and do you wish that you were back in England. Th last time I saw Joan Mathews was when she lived at the side of Graves Park. Davids mom was called Melia was she your husbands grandmother. Sorry for sending two mesages but I did not realise that my husband was logged on

best wishes Norton Girl

Amelia was my husbands Aunt and David Travis his cousin. Joan still lives on Cobnar Rd.

We came to Canada in 1982, of course we still miss Sheffield and going into Derbyshire as there are no really old villages here with tea shops and little gift stores, on the other hand life is good.

We live about 40 minutes east of Toronto. We can leave our garden chairs, table, barbecue etc. out on the patio and know that they are not going to be stolen. Walk past a group of teenagers and they will say "HI" and move so we can get by them, eat out about 3 times a week and get a starter, main dish and as much tea or coffee as we can drink for approx 6 pounds.

We miss following the Blades, although we do get 3 televised games each saturday morning, going for fish & chips and eating them on our way back home and of course Henderson's.

Wherever I live I will always be a Yorkshire lass and my husband and I have never tried to lose our Yorkshire accents.

Take care, Cynthia.

Well as its my work break and eating a bacon butty I thought I would have a look at this forum my colleagues keep on about all day while I do all the work.

And the Heeley thread was this a blast from the past, I used to live on Artisan View.

Does anyone remember a bloke called Walt Staniland he grew Cauliflowers like footballs, he wouldnt tell anyone his secret.

I remember the Siddals, and read posts by Tosh his sister Jayne was the object of my desire when I was about 13 and one of the brothers chased me off from outside their house when I was hanging around waiting for her, might have been you Tosh, haha

I married a lass Kaz, who was a mate of your Bird Tosh, they lived under the bridge on Heeley bottom and I still see your ex she comes in the shop every morning for bananas and a yoghurt shes either a nurse or a stripogram cos she wears a uniform, shes still hot mate, very tasty, I know you did not marry her cos shes not called Siddal according to her name badge. . Its like a mass exodus when she comes in our shop, all the lads come out of the back room to the shop floor to ogle her. Me and Kaz split but the old days were the best, snogging under skellys bridge, thats when it was safe to walk under there

Were there two chip shops on Boynton Street one at the top and one at the bottom.

I remember Andy Bullen and his sister Susan, and Susan Bennet who lived a couple of doors away from them, on Tillotson Road, they were a bit older than me though.

And Tommy Newcomb the milkman, where have the years gone

Well as its my work break and eating a bacon butty I thought I would have a look at this forum my colleagues keep on about all day while I do all the work.

And the Heeley thread was this a blast from the past, I used to live on Artisan View.

Does anyone remember a bloke called Walt Staniland he grew Cauliflowers like footballs, he wouldnt tell anyone his secret.

I remember the Siddals, and read posts by Tosh his sister Jayne was the object of my desire when I was about 13 and one of the brothers chased me off from outside their house when I was hanging around waiting for her, might have been you Tosh, haha

I married a lass Kaz, who was a mate of your Bird Tosh, they lived under the bridge on Heeley bottom and I still see your ex she comes in the shop every morning for bananas and a yoghurt shes either a nurse or a stripogram cos she wears a uniform, shes still hot mate, very tasty, I know you did not marry her cos shes not called Siddal according to her name badge. Its like a mass exodus when she comes in our shop, all the lads come out of the back room to the shop floor to ogle her. Me and Kaz split but the old days were the best, snogging under skellys bridge, thats when it was safe to walk under there

Were there two chip shops on Boynton Street one at the top and one at the bottom.

I remember Andy Bullen and his sister Susan, and Susan Bennet who lived a couple of doors away from them, on Tillotson Road, they were a bit older than me though.

Hi Cynthia Pleased to hear that you are a Blades supporter. You may remember me if you want to Bramall Lane, I used to walk round the pitch selling programs (wearing hot pants) I was also secretary of the supporters club for 5 years, I was one of the original members of the Junior Blades with Ken Furphy, and ran the under 18 Junior Blades Team.My son Mark and I went to all the matches at home and most of them away. I went with the club when they went to belgium and holland for friendly matches.

When John Harris had his Testimonial at Bramall Lane I was honoured to be asked to be the Secretary for the event.John was a very good friend.

best wishes nortongirl

I married a lass Kaz, who was a mate of your Bird Tosh, they lived under the bridge on Heeley bottom and I still see your ex she comes in the shop every morning for bananas and a yoghurt shes either a nurse or a stripogram cos she wears a uniform, shes still hot mate, very tasty, I know you did not marry her cos shes not called Siddal according to her name badge. Her husband looks like a model all armarni suit and saville row shoes think he is Italian as they talk in what sounds like Italian sometimes. Its like a mass exodus when she comes in our shop, all the lads come out of the back room to the shop floor to ogle her. Me and Kaz split in late 80's but the old days were the best, snogging under skellys bridge, thats when it was safe to walk under there

Hi garryb,when you have posted a few more I will PM you as I am curious to know who you are.cheers tosh13