Heeley Memories

Hi Davided

Banksia here. I'm back home now but have been in contact with some of the school chums and they are talking about another get together nearer to Christmas. I of course will not be there this time but I will keep you informed of developments.

hi duffems david travis was born in the house next door to me on mundella place if you see him ask him to cntact me as i would like to see him again didnt he have a sister i think her name was jean his moms name was amelia we played together until he move when he was about 10 his cousins joan and peter mathews lived just down the road peters son christopher played football with my son david they were both in the cubs. i also remenber loretta collis i am sure that she was in my class at carfield school

• 1 month later...

David Travis and his sister Jean lived next door to myself and my brother Keith on Upper Valley Road, Meersbrook, wasn't his mum from the north east, I seem to recall she had an accent of that area.

Keith has seen David recently, apparently David is a painter and decorater now and he did some work for him. Keith is now widowed, has been for 9 years now, I don't see him very often but, when I do he's usually seen someone from the past. He's met Derek Memmott recently and some others from Carfield but, I've never bumped into anyone since leaving Carfield School in 1962!

Marion Maynard also lived in our yard on Upper Valley and the Storey family were in the yard at the top. We used to play rounders at the top of Upper Valley as there was a huge wall whiich we used as a backstop, we also used to climb over the wall into Dr.Thompon's garden on Upper Albert Road to nick his apples, I always got left behind as I was the smallest so I used to have to walk all the way back round as there was no-one left to give me a leg up!

My husband Roger lived down at the bottom of Upper Valley at number 47 (I think), he was neighbours to David and Peter Horsefield, I think their dad was in the police or something which is why we never played down at the bottom of Upper Valley!

Regards,

Duffems.

• 2 weeks later...

hi duffems sorry for the delay in answering but I have been very busy with my German Shepherds my bitch is due to have pups anytime now. Did Derek Memmott have a sister called Carol if so she was in my class at Carfield if I remember correctly she had blond hair and was very pretty. does anyone remember Sandra Gregory from Richard Road the last I heard of her was that she married a miner and went to live in Doncaster, I would

really like to get in touch with her. If Keith sees David again give him my regards.

Regards

Norton Girl

hi duffems sorry for the delay in answering but I have been very busy with my German Shepherds my bitch is due to have pups anytime now. Did Derek Memmott have a sister called Carol if so she was in my class at Carfield if I remember correctly she had blond hair and was very pretty. does anyone remember Sandra Gregory from Richard Road the last I heard of her was that she married a miner and went to live in Doncaster, I would

really like to get in touch with her. If Keith sees David again give him my regards.

Regards

Norton Girl

sorry husband forgot to log off

Hi,

Loretta Collis was the cousin to my father-in-law (I think), even though she was just a couple years older than my husband her father and my husband's grandfather were brothers. I can vaguely recall her, didn't she have long wavy hair, they lived possibly next door to the Co-op shop on Valley Road. I'm not sure whether she went to Australia way back, I may be wrong as I never actually met her but, I remember somone saying that.

I'll pass on your regards to David via Keith if he sees him, do you want to pass on your name via my pm box?

I can recall the name of Sandra Gregory, wasn't she a friend of Josie Gladwin, there were 3 girls who used to walk home from Carfield together and they were two of them, can't remember the other one's name.

Hope the pups arrive safely.

Regards,

Duffems.

Hi Davided, just thought I'd fill you in about the reunion Banksia mentioned, I have just received a letter from Lynn Thompson (Jackie), the date is December the 5th at the Waggon & horses Millhouses.as i understand it they used a private room for the last reunion and I'm sure you will be warmly welcomed.

Also Jackie's told me there is a school photo going in the Active 8 in December, so don't miss either.

Hi Davided, just thought I'd fill you in about the reunion Banksia mentioned, I have just received a letter from Lynn Thompson (Jackie), the date is December the 5th at the Waggon & horses Millhouses.as i understand it they used a private room for the last reunion and I'm sure you will be warmly welcomed.

Also Jackie's told me there is a school photo going in the Active 8 in December, so don't miss either.

QUOTE=Applegrim;2713248]Hi Davided, just thought I'd fill you in about the reunion Banksia mentioned, I have just received a letter from Lynn Thompson (Jackie), the date is December the 5th at the Waggon & horses Millhouses.as i understand it they used a private room for the last reunion and I'm sure you will be warmly welcomed.

Hi guys, can anyone tell me more details of the reunion?

Posted well back in the thread, I was born 1951 at Heeley and lived on Foster Road before moving into the bakers shop opposite Annes Road school at 146 Gleadless Road.

Friends of friends are running the Waggon & Horses, so would like to be doubly involved......

Mates from that era were amongst others the Siddalls on Foster Rd & the Lockwoods on Tillotson Rd

More details please!