Heeley Memories

i remember you barry how are you, i vaguely rember your tony (tosh) and also your julie, i remember you lot used to call yourselves foster mob, all the names you mentioned also ,( bud " steve sainsbury" still see him also shaun shacks and pembs," craig and steve", albi mottershead,bob fox,lint, sully, pom-pom,butch bullen, remember when bill robbo jumped off the advertising boards at bottom of gregory rd and bust his ankle, proper nutcase can still picture him coming down tillotson with german helmit on. After living away from sheffield for a few years,( joined royal marines did 6 years) , i am now back near the old stomping ground living at meersbrook, i sometimes walk the dog round where we were brought up and show my two boys the area , nice to hear from you baz and your tony, best regards deano.

i remember you barry how are you, i vaguely rember your tony (tosh) and also your julie, i remember you lot used to call yourselves foster mob, all the names you mentioned also ,( bud " steve sainsbury" still see him also shaun shacks and pembs," craig and steve", albi mottershead,bob fox,lint, sully, pom-pom,butch bullen, remember when bill robbo jumped off the advertising boards at bottom of gregory rd and bust his ankle, proper nutcase can still picture him coming down tillotson with german helmit on. After living away from sheffield for a few years,( joined royal marines did 6 years) , i am now back near the old stomping ground living at meersbrook, i sometimes walk the dog round where we were brought up and show my two boys the area , nice to hear from you baz and your tony, best regards deano.

Hi nerosun I am Tosh ,my sister is Jayne,Bill Robbo broke into our house during the day & pinched a fiver out of my Mum's purse,he got caught,but he was a crazy lad,but he suffered from depression.He used to walk around singing wandering star,with big holes in his shoes. I have lived in Barnsley for nearly 30 years,still miss our old haunts in Heeley & our mate's,remember me to Shaun & Steve Sainsbury and any of the other lads.Cheers Tosh13

Hiya tosh, my mum was friends with maureen robertson (bills sister), and when he and his mum (eva), moved to eastern ave (arbour) i used to accompany my mum sometimes , one particular time bill was in their back garden round a little fire, when i got nearer he was cooking a hedgehog ( on my life) anyone who knew him would know i`am not telling lies, anyway when he was on his own you would not believe he was the same person, i do`nt know if it was because i was younger but he came across has a nice bloke, sadly not long after that i heard that h`ed been out had a skinfull and unfortunately choked on his own vomit, sad end.

hi, jonh c and tosh, ilived on tillotson rd a bit younger than you two, dave turley used to babysit for me, my gram ahd grandad lived next door to mcateers on midland rd, we lived opposite bill robbo `s family, my mum still doing well(ann pinder), love to hear from any people from around that era,( what days).
sorry to break in,but would that be billy robbo who died in the early 70's ? used to drink in the shakey on well road?

sorry to break in,but would that be billy robbo who died in the early 70's ? used to drink in the shakey on well road?

Yes it was depoix,he was always good for a laugh,he made us all laugh at his daft jokes & he loved Clint Eastwood ,he used to tell us about the films he had seen because we were too young to go & see them.

Yes it was depoix,he was always good for a laugh,he made us all laugh at his daft jokes & he loved Clint Eastwood ,he used to tell us about the films he had seen because we were too young to go & see them.
i had some great laughs with billie, we once came out of the shakey and were heading for beauchief, he found a frog.he went round the back of the shops and came out with a large cardboard box that at one time held packets of park drive ciggies, then he put a brick in the box and the frog

when we got outside woodseats cop shop the copper shouted, robbo, what you got in that box ?

a frog he called back, they waved him in, a minute later the box came flying out,the frog and the brick,and robbo..:hihi::hihi:

another time we were in the chippie at heeley green robbo walked in and the kid in front of us pulled out a knife saying he would kill him as he hated him

robbo opened his shirt and said...stick in here big man...the kid did,then legged it..

billie was a great artist,he could draw anything and make it look like a photograph,he also knew a lot about nature,he would always come with us if we fished the river sheaf and would name all the birds ,and in autumn would collect pockets full of nuts for us to eat on our way home

he was a joker, but a great bloke, god bless him..:)

depoix who are u.i lived in heeley 1959-1975 foster rd.robbo was a nutcase,never washed,long greasey hair always singing rolling stones or johnny cash songs.always getting his head kicked in as he was for ever ******.he once drank a crate of cough medicine he stole of the back of a lorry.he ended up in hospital and nearly died.he jumped of the roof thinking he was batman and broke his ancles:hihi:,thats the bill robbo i knew.do you remember ( ches)he was the local **** head who always drank in the shakey,he frightened all the kids.good memories.

depoix who are u.i lived in heeley 1959-1975 foster rd.robbo was a nutcase,never washed,long greasey hair always singing rolling stones or johnny cash songs.always getting his head kicked in as he was for ever ******.he once drank a crate of cough medicine he stole of the back of a lorry.he ended up in hospital and nearly died.he jumped of the roof thinking he was batman and broke his ancles:hihi:,thats the bill robbo i knew.do you remember ( ches)he was the local **** head who always drank in the shakey,he frightened all the kids.good memories.
i wasnt from heeley bazzie,but a few of my mates were,thats how i met billy,we used to drink in the shakey when dave ran it mid 70's, also the myrtle and now and again have a walk up the bottom road and do the red lion and a few others,did ches have curly hair ? i drank with taffy williams,harry hewitt,stuart and one or two more of the local lads,i remember robbo taking lead of the factory roof, a detective saw him,asked him if he wanted a hand,billy said ok,they loaded up the unmarked car and drove off.straight to woodseats nick..:hihi:

billie died through drink and an overdose, we were with him the night before,he drew me some pictures of the hollies and the rolling stones,they were brilliant, we heard he was arguing with his brother,threw something at him,the brother ducked and slipped down the stairs, billy thought he had killed him and took the tablets on top of the beer and that was that

I recall Bill showing some drawings he had done on a small writing pad,he had talent no doubt,it was a shame how he ended up,he used to say crash & burn ,I didn't understand the meaning of those words when I was a kid ,certainly do now.I remember the Red Lion I put my hand through the glass door on the way to the toilet,I tripped over some new marley tiles they had put down ,one corner was stuck up & my hand was a right mess & to top it all I got sodding barred.