Heeley Memories

PLEASE!! If anybody can contact Sandy1 on this forum I would be really grateful if you could tell her I am trying to contact her. She is trying to trace my family "Garbutt" but she has not responded to postings on here. For some reason, I am unable to send PM's or emails to her! Very grateful if anyone can help.

PLEASE!! If anybody can contact Sandy1 on this forum I would be really grateful if you could tell her I am trying to contact her. She is trying to trace my family "Garbutt" but she has not responded to postings on here. For some reason, I am unable to send PM's or emails to her! Very grateful if anyone can help.

Hi JD&Coke.

You need a total of 5 posts and you will be able to use PMs,

so you just have to post one more.

m&p

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I remember jimmy fishcakes,I lived in alexander road then. Me and my mate would call in shaky pub for a couple of pints lol. then call at jimmy fishcakes for chips & fish. By the time we got to anns road we had eaten them all. So we would walk back for some more. By the way jimmy fishcake

moved to valley road, And is still selling top quality chips & fish. Roy.

I was born in Heeley in 1966 (cambridge place) both my parents were born there as well - dad on kent road (tony gill

)mom on walden road- june marshall, my grandad was a coal merchant- edwin marshall. My parents both met at Tyzacks on Valley Road which strangely enough is where I bought my first house - right opposite!!! Apparently a few houses on Valley Road were fish and chip shops as well as houses and sold the food from the front windows!! I also remember the little terrace house on Heeley Green that was between 2 shops (one of which was the Herbalists where as a treat mom would take me for a drink (I think it was Vimto or Saspirella) out of the pump on the counter. And Tingles drapers - when I was little that place used to amaze me with all the wooden drawers. Does anyone remember Deans shop on Cambridge Road and Jims fish and chip shop????

Edited by roysbest

Hi I lived on Valley Rd opposite the butchers, I also went to Carfield and then two years at Newfield. I remember all the names you mentioned apart from a couple do you remember Nina Hughes Jean Watt and Joan Miller what about George Webster, I finished my two years at Newfield with Christine Hawley and Jane Kershaw.

Hi Alan. Is Christine Hawley the sister of Kieth hawley ? Kieth and i used to be best pals at C/Field in the early fifties. I am Terry Puttrell from Rushdale Rd. Anyone out there, would lover to hear from you !

Hi Duffems. If you knew "Johnny Hill" he would be aged about 68 or 69 . His name is really Ronnie Hill, his father was a lorry driver for Arnold Lavers on bramall Lane.He lived in the same yard as me on Rushdale Rd, i lived at 142 and he lived at 146.

If this is the same bloke we are talking about, we hav'nt met for 50 years. So find out where he is for me , i will be greatfull

Rgs Terry Puttrell

The Johnnie Hill we knew would only be 60 now so, may not be the same one. He had a sister, not sure but, I think she was older. Johnie was a "bit of a lad", even though his father was very strict with him. He was always in trouble at school but, we always felt that there were particular teachers who had it in for him as we never had a bad word for him, he was a good mate.

Hi Duffems. Thanks for info, you are right.

How ever you may still be able to help me. I have lived down south for 50 years and i lost my brother in law's address and contact, i believe he still lives in sheffield somewhere up Beachuff / Ecclesaw Way. Peter Thompson and Joy, they had two children, he would be 65 ? would appreciate some help from your end possibly via Sheffield Enrollment. I cannot get it from here. Many thanks Terry.