Heeley Memories

• 4 weeks later...

This site seems to have been running for some years and I have only just found it so I might be too late to warrant a reply. However, I lived at 129 Rushdale Road and attended Carfield School and Annes Road before going to the Central Tech. I remember Terry Putrell, but doubt he remembers me! I lived next door to Brian Furnis and two doors away from Barry Howles. Davided I think lived across the road from me and we played football and cricket on "the back". I remember Miss Carr and Miss Rowley the music teacher. The Memmotts lived across from us I think? I still keep in touch with Carol Wilkinson (maiden name). I left Meersbrook many years ago. Lived in Hong Kong for 20 years or so and now in Dubai and based in South of England. Great site and brings back many memories.

This site seems to have been running for some years and I have only just found it so I might be too late to warrant a reply. However, I lived at 129 Rushdale Road and attended Carfield School and Annes Road before going to the Central Tech. I remember Terry Putrell, but doubt he remembers me! I lived next door to Brian Furnis and two doors away from Barry Howles. Davided I think lived across the road from me and we played football and cricket on "the back". I remember Miss Carr and Miss Rowley the music teacher. The Memmotts lived across from us I think? I still keep in touch with Carol Wilkinson (maiden name). I left Meersbrook many years ago. Lived in Hong Kong for 20 years or so and now in Dubai and based in South of England. Great site and brings back many memories.

I thought the music teacher was Miss. Cowley, maybe it's a different music teacher.

Duffems

Hi I've just found this thread as well, just been reading some of the old one's and dying to get in but years to late...

Went to Heeley bank 1952/55, lived on Alexander Rd/ Heeley Green road Were the shops were, two green grocer a chip shop and a fruit shop for about a year.

Moved down to Carter road, top half,same side as the Sally Dash and stayed there till 1964

Hi I've just found this thread as well, just been reading some of the old one's and dying to get in but years to late...

Went to Heeley bank 1952/55, lived on Alexander Rd/ Heeley Green road Were the shops were, two green grocer a chip shop and a fruit shop for about a year.

Moved down to Carter road, top half,same side as the Sally Dash and stayed there till 1964

Where abouts on Alexandra Road did you live?

Duffems

At the top, you crossed Heeley green road and you were on Denmark Rd ?

Any way I lived in one of the Back to back houses in the yard at the back of the top Green grocers...

Edited by grinder

Carfield was that the little school off to the right on Denmark ?..

Remember going there at night for a few weeks training for the St Johns Ambulance brigade till it fell through...

Or was it the Grammar school ?

Edited by grinder

Carfield School was in Meersbrook on Argyle Road, there was the infants, juniors then secondary which closed in 1962. When Carfield Secondary closed the pupils were transferred to Newfield but, I went to Brincliffe Grammar School after Carfield.

Duffems