Heeley Memories

Sorry, Haven't got the hang of this yet, I have to go off line and come back on again to see any new postings !!!!! That can't be right...

I must be quite a bit older than you then I was 22 in1962 so I doubt we moved in the same circles

And I didn't have any Brothers or sisters

I was born in '48 so, quite a bit younger than you and probably not moved in the same social circles then (this all sounds a bit posh for Heeley folks don't you think!).

I don't know what you're doing wrong if you're having to go off line then back on again.

I'm trying to recall anyone from that neck of the woods but, I can't think of anyone.

Duffems

Ay up sithee al set mi ferrits on thi if tha wants...

Is that better I was trying to sound posh course I was talking to a Grammar school bod..

No I can't remember any names, Faces yes but names no, Carter road is a different proposition

Edited by grinder

Tha's got ferrits, tha must bi one ot newcummers then! we 'ad rats as big as tomcats!

Gooin to eight mi tea nah, I'll si thi later. I'll try to remember some names of folk around that area.

Duffems

Edited by DUFFEMS
Added postscript.

Carfield was that the little school off to the right on Denmark ?..

Remember going there at night for a few weeks training for the St Johns Ambulance brigade till it fell through...

Or was it the Grammar school ?

How do grinder,

is the school you refer to between Denmark Rd & the main road

(Gleadless Rd )?

That's the one, the last time I passed it looked like it had been abandoned.

A pity really it looks like it has been a big part of Heeleys past....

A lot had changed, no Heeley green picture house, and a lot of the roads altered almost beyond recognition, clubs and pubs vanished,

Sorry but to me the real Heeley green has gone...

Hi Duffems

The music teacher I'm referring to was definitely a Miss Rowley. I attended her house for about three years and she was a friend of my parents. She lived just above where Miss Carr lived and near to the Vaughan's. As you say maybe a different lady. On Upper Valley Road, I also went to school with Sylvia Storey and was saddened to read in a previous posting that she had passed away. David Travis - I bought a track bike off him for 10 shillings. The Wrights. I also remember most of the teachers at Carfield. I was born in 1947 and so we must have a number of mutual acquaintances.

Sorry I can't join in the on-line chatting but the time difference makes this difficult.