Heeley Memories

Guest teebee
We're probably related as both our lines are in Heeley/Meersbrook. I'm trying to research my paternal side of Goodison which isn't going too well, they apparently lived on Florence Place, Heeley until 1923.

Duffems

up to now i have not found any goodison's in the family tree, i have dean's allen's harvey's and the odd key's but no goodison's im afraid.

Edited by teebee
bad grammer

• 1 month later...

H JUST FOUND THIS THREAD

I was born on gregory road lived there from 1958-1973

My name then was Carole Buckley I knew most of people mentioned on

here I went to Anns road School remember Mr Golding I got the slipper once

For letting my pencil roll down the desk while he was talking god I was terrified of him

I remember Mr Tigwell who taught at Newfield his child got killed on Heeley bottom

Also remember the Milligins I worked with Jackie Milligin till she retired from Loxley prints earlier this year

My grandparents lived in thirlwell rd with My Uncle Philip

I remember Linda Bower I pinched her roller skates and Jaqueline and Janet

I cant renemember there secound name

Anybody remember the plumtree family in molloy place.

They were my cousins.

We lived on Carfield Road before we were bombed out in 1940

We recall Roger Plumtree, nice lad, think there was a sister can't remember her name. We think that they had or were connected with a haulage company.

Weren't they cousins of the Metcalf family?

Duffems

Anybody remember the plumtree family in molloy place.

They were my cousins.

We lived on Carfield Road before we were bombed out in 1940

[/i] Remember them very well. Use to play 'Dominoes/Crib with Jack (now deceased), for quiet a number of years. When 'United played Middlesborough first match of the season, I watched the match on TV in the 'Sportsman Inn' Warminster Road, his son 'Ray' was sat at the same table, I had'nt seen him for some years, we a fair old natter about the good old days mainly in the 'Shakespeare Hotel, Well Road.

Hi Cynthia and thanks for your kind reply

The funeral is Monday. I may be looking after Roy for the day. Poor guy is extremely ill, but is determined to go. Maureens health isn't too good.

Eileen her sister has Parkinson's and to make matters worse, Chris, Maureens grandson

( Sandra's son ) is riddled with cancer and only 30 yrs old. What a situation for one family, I feel dreadfully sorry for them all !