Heeley Memories

Hi david do you remember jimmy jarrett who went to anns rd cheers doger

Hi there !

Reply a little belated but I knew a Jimmy Jarrett who lived on Forster Road and went to Ann's Road school.

He moved up to Crookes for a while but then came back to live in the same yard as deaf and dumb cobbler on Ann's Road itself.

Hi MonksKirby I have tried twice to send you a message- I dont know if they have changed the format for sending messages - but Iwill try again -It may be a P M - dave Hartley

Hi David

I haven't ignored you in fact I've just reponded to three recent messages but unfortunately none of them were yours. Once you've mastered the system (which I don't totally understand either) I'll be glad to reminisce with you.

Hi David

I haven't ignored you in fact I've just reponded to three recent messages but unfortunately none of them were yours. Once you've mastered the system (which I don't totally understand either) I'll be glad to reminisce with you.

Hi Harry I think I may have sorted my problem out with the admin team- but I have just tried to send a quick message - but it is saying I dont have permission.- but I see the quick reply I sent yesterday [ which said I could not send] ,got through to you --So now I am going to try a P M .

bye for now dave--

• 2 weeks later...
susan marhall was my uncle paul wife!

Debsy, I think you may be mistaken about Susan Marshall. I think the Susan Marshall that Applegrim mentions lived on the corner of Gleadless Road and Wilson Place. She had two sisters, Monica and Vicky. I know Applegrim knew Sue and went to school with her. I was engaged to Sue and would have married her at Christmas 1963. Tragically she died in October 1963.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Still on the subject of Anns Road School, as you all know it was on Hartley Street, can any of you remember the shop on the corner Hartley Street/Sturge Street, that sold lolly's, Lucky Lolly sticks, he made them himself, and on the part of the stick under the lolly, he stamped his name, and if you got one he'd give you another free, this must have been the original B.O.G.O.F.

Thinking back about names, does Shirley Cooper,Robert Nelson,Peter Thompson, Alan Reaney, Derek Land, Mary Mitchell, Cynthia Flint,Linda savage, Shirley Tingle, Pat Brightmore,Linda Monks, Susan marshall, Brenda hill, Valerie Dunn,Graham Jepson, Alan Rose,Pat Johnson,Ann Islip,ring any bells, and can anyone think of anymore?Where are they all now

hi there was the shop at bottom of richards rd ? if so i think it was called drakes

I have just found that my grandfather lived at 67 Heeley Green - any of you ex Heeleyites have any photos of the place. I have tried SheffieldPics but limited on there.

I don't have any old photos of the area around Heeley Green but have a couple which I took on a visit in 1994 if that is any good. PM me if you want them.

think the shop was called drakes

Yes, it was Drakes, the owner was a rather corpulent chap. His daughter went to Carfield School where she excelled in sports, I recall that one year she held the Victor Ludorum (us non-sporty types didn't even know what it meant!).

Regards,

Duffems