Heeley Memories

Hello Roger Harrison, I remember you ,I used to live "up steps" above your Yard.I also remember all those names The Neaths lived at the bottom of Carter Road next to the beer off, as I remember Mrs Neath was something to do with the British Legion and if ever we had a "Do" we always had to go and ask Mrs Neath if we could borrow her Tea Urn! Lovely to hear from You...A.

---------- Post added 21-05-2014 at 15:00 ----------

Hi Ken, I remember Miss Tesh very well, she was lovely someone once told me she lived on Queen Victoria Road at Bradway and i always think about her even to this day,all those teachers names are familiar to me....A

... I do remember going to the Heeley Green before it was a cinema where I saw Gypsy Petrulengo and a man who whistled (could it have been Ronnie Rinaldi?) and also the strongest man in the world. For a publicity stunt he pulled a double decker bus up Gleadless Rd with his teeth!

Hi Syb Would love to know when it was thast the bus was pulled up Gleadless Rd.My grandma had the sweet and tobaconist shop at 24 Gleadless Rd and her eldest son [my uncle]married one of the girls next door at the bakers.Last but not least my dad met my mum when he went in the shop for some cigarettes]

---------- Post added 23-05-2014 at 19:20 ----------

Is anyone related to any Goodison people from Heeley?

I'm doing family history research and, even though I lived in Heeley/Meersbrook until 1970 when I married I only vaguely knew one of one Goodison person named Suzanne Goodison who lived on View/Prospect Road.

Another name I'm trying to research from the area is Preen from Heeley area or anyone who could tell me anything about families particularly Goodisons who lived on Florence Place.

Regards,

Duffems

Going back a little further than that I believe a Mrs Goodison lived across the road from my grandma's sweet and tobacconist at 24 Gleadless Rd and took care of my baby brother for quite a while when my mum was ill in hospital.

I had a friend whos back door was in View Road,.....................her name was Carol Tomlinson.......................

hiya we lived 3 doors away from the Tomlinsons, carol, Kenny, and a sister before we all moved. the last time I spoke to carol she was working at a chemists at crystal peaks.

Hello Roger Harrison, I remember you ,I used to live "up steps" above your Yard.I also remember all those names The Neaths lived at the bottom of Carter Road next to the beer off, as I remember Mrs Neath was something to do with the British Legion and if ever we had a "Do" we always had to go and ask Mrs Neath if we could borrow her Tea Urn! Lovely to hear from You...A.

---------- Post added 21-05-2014 at 15:00 ----------

Hi Ken, I remember Miss Tesh very well, she was lovely someone once told me she lived on Queen Victoria Road at Bradway and i always think about her even to this day,all those teachers names are familiar to me....A

Hello Applegrim, I've not been on the Forum for quite some time. I logged on yesterday and there you are! I hope you and your son are well. Do you ever see any of the old Jester crowd? Some names I remember are Val Colliss, Christine Baine, Ann Beateson, Angela Beer, Rita Dickenson and a girl called Joan who lived near the top of East bank Road. I'm still in touch with some of my mates I used to go in the Jester, Oak Tree and Teenbar with. You might remember some of them, Sam (Gordon Porter), Wiily (Pete Wilson), Roger Walker and Jim Weldon.