Heeley Memories

45 minutes ago, Person6 said:

Can anyone remember the name of the Polish cobbler with the shop on Cross Myrtle Road?

Maybe it's in an early 70's Kelly's directory.

It was something like Bueben but I'd like to know the exact spelling.

These polish people lived on Myrtle Road in 1974

At No 373 Lived Beatrice Czerwinski

At No 186 lived Eugeniusz Raczynski
At No 103  Lived and worked motor mechanic Teofil Szcupak ( I couldn’t understand a word he spoke but a decent man)
No polish sounding names on Cross Myrtle Road.

Edited by lazarus

15 hours ago, lazarus said:

These polish people lived on Myrtle Road in 1974

At No 373 Lived Beatrice Czerwinski

At No 186 lived Eugeniusz Raczynski
At No 103  Lived and worked motor mechanic Teofil Szcupak ( I couldn’t understand a word he spoke but a decent man)
No polish sounding names on Cross Myrtle Road.

Probably just rented the shop space then. I knew the other three.  Thank you for looking

On 24/02/2020 at 16:52, Person6 said:

Can anyone remember the name of the Polish cobbler with the shop on Cross Myrtle Road?

Maybe it's in an early 70's Kelly's directory.

It was something like Bueben but I'd like to know the exact spelling.

23 hours ago, Person6 said:

Probably just rented the shop space then. I knew the other three.  Thank you for looking

Walter Bubien, boot maker, 29 Cross Myrtle Road, (1957 directory).

• 1 month later...
On 12 August 2004 at 01:23, chuffinel said:

Yikes Tosh ! It's a small world. I lived at 19 Forster Rd until about 1953/54. My best friend, Barry Waterhouse lived at number 21. He was killed shortly after that, on Shoreham Street when his bicycle tires got caught in the tram tracks and he was thrown off in front of a car. When I lived there the Parkinsons lived at number 17, we were at 19, the Waterhouses at 21 and my grandad lived at 23 until he died round about 1950 and the Cantrells moved in. Another friend of mine called Pete Mitchell lived across the street next door to Dysons corner shop (other corner from Amy Morton's)

Hi, I new Barry Waterhouse, we were in the same class at  carfield school,a smashing guy, I often think about him after all these years. RIP.

Hi out there I'm rather new to this tech so apologies. I used to live in Heeley,Sheffield and was privileged to spend my youth at Ann's road school from around 63/64 , with a brief  break until I left in 69/70 to attend fpgs. I do remember certain pupils and I don't have any alternative but to use their real names as I remember them so please excuse any offense this may cause and simply don't reply. Victoria Hewitt,Lynn senior,Christopher Carter, Lee Bentley, Michelle ?  who lived on Richards road  or any one who remembers me. I do remember lots of other faces but can't  give them names My name is Keith Hewitt and lived in Boyton street. Many thanks and love. A