Sheffield Meat and Fish Market

sandie

In the early 70's I left Sheffield to live down South then returned back to Yorkshire 78. from then untill 2004 when I moved to Scotland. I have never found anywhere that you can find the shellfish (Crabs, Whelks, Cockles, Shrymps and Prawns) not forgetting Tripe, Cowheal and Rabbits, and the vast array of Fish and Meat.

One stall I allways remember was Savage the Butcher and not forgetting the stall that you could get Hensons Relish

My question is is it still the same and can you still get crabs and shellfish,

because here in the north of Scotland you can not get these things:o:help:

I am comming down to West yorkshire in late July and will come to Sheffield

Thanks

In the early 70's I left Sheffield to live down South then returned back to Yorkshire 78. from then untill 2004 when I moved to Scotland. I have never found anywhere that you can find the shellfish (Crabs, Whelks, Cockles, Shrymps and Prawns) not forgetting Tripe, Cowheal and Rabbits, and the vast array of Fish and Meat.

One stall I allways remember was Savage the Butcher and not forgetting the stall that you could get Hensons Relish

My question is is it still the same and can you still get crabs and shellfish,

because here in the north of Scotland you can not get these things:o:help:

I am comming down to West yorkshire in late July and will come to Sheffield

Thanks

Yes, at the moment, fresh Shellfish can still be bought at Castle Market; but for how long one wonders? They're moving the Market to Eyre Street in the not too distant future.

Archived