Cricket Inn - Totley- your opinions...

4-4-2

Been reopened two weeks now. Doesn't get much better than this. Feared the revamp would be a bad move - how wrong could I be. Stunning beers, food top notch and really helpful friendly service (still learning but that's ok).

Anyone else experienced it yet?

Child friendly???????? Was in Friday and Saturday early evenings - more kids than adults - but all well under control and great atmosphere. Plus with the great big field out back - when the sun shines difficult to see how it can be bettered.

As a Southerner in your midst also have to recognise just how good the bitter is - finally a pub in Sheffield that doesn't serve that horrible creamy draftflow slop. Beer as it should be - Yum!!!!

We went Sat 23rd for an early tea (4:30 ish), plenty of families in and loads more room now they have turned rear fine dining room into more of an extension of the bar seating.

Lovely food (wife had Sausages & blackpudding mash, I had Chicken curry) and delicious beer.

Good friendly service. Nice atmosphere.

Didnt get to go outside as was raining but there is a nicer terrace area too apparently (and a huge field for the kids to run about on).

My parents had also been night before and they had a lovely meal too.

Highly recommended.

:thumbsup:great place went on thursday night...food good and reasonable cost.....done a nice job with the decoration.

only one sight problem...parking was dificult...but suppose thats what to expect with such a good place

Went yesterday for lunch and I echo all comments posted here. Food was excellent, service fantastic and decor really nice. There's some thought been put into it and it's a refreshing change and a vast improvement from the standard microwaved 'pub grub' that's in abundance. I'll definitely be going back. A definite success and thoroughly recommended! (no i don't work there or know anyone who does...) X

Well i must be the exception. We had Sunday lunch there last week. It did not have what the menu stated, staff were just not bothered when i complained. The Pork we had was chewy and fatty and the veg consisted of 1 piece of Broccoli and a few stringy beans which were rubbish and the meal was luke warm. We complained to manageress and i sent my food back so she took the price of it off the bill which incidently was £20 excluding drinks when quite frankly we would have eaten better at KFC. We used to eat at the cricket all the time but now it seems to have been taken over by a chain and i wouldn't go near the place again or recommend anyone else to.

As we were settling our bill there was another family complaining so maybe it was an extremely bad day.

I went there yesterday and thought it was pretty good, if very food orientated.

Choice of 4 beers from Thornbridge Brewery, the two I tried were nice and in good condition.

Food was expensive but high quality and well presented.

General decor of pub quite smart.

We discovered Jim Harrison from Thornbridge Hall (who owns Thornbridge Brewery and co-owns BrewKitchen, the company running the pub) was there in person overseeing the operation.

Apparantly the pub is owned by Enterprise Inns and leased by BrewKitchen. This is Brewkitchen's first pub, although the Coach and Horses at Dronfield is owned by another of Jim's companies - that's still only 2 pubs though so hardly a big chain!

Archived