Cricket Inn - Totley- your opinions...

4-4-2

oops just seen how old this thread is - sorry not sure if they still do receptions, give them a ring :)

Just called them and they don't do wedding receptions...absolutley gutted:(

• 2 months later...
My Mum is up, apparently its graduation week so thought it might be better to eat somewhere slightly out of town. The Cricketers in Totley used to be good, is it still? Has anyone been recently?

Cheers

:)

It's supposed to be okay but apparently the management are real w words and don't fall for the ketchup - it's an empty heinz bottle filled with industrial crap.

That's all I really know about it sorry.

It's a very attractive place to go and eat.

I wrote before on here that it's something to do with Smith's, the Thyme cafe, Artisan and Catch, Druid at Birchover, Inn at Troway, Coach and Horses at Dronfield clan. You can have any meal you like, so long as it's served up on a cheeseboard.

The beers quite expensive in the Cricket, compared to the same beer in some of the other places. You're paying for the posh area I think.

Anyhow, I'd say go, you'll be impressed with the ambience of the place, so much so, you might not notice the food or the bill when it comes.

Mmm, am I the only one that wouldn't go back. I've heard the food is good and went fully looking forward to it, but the service was so appaling we left before finding out what the food was like. I was so disapointed, there were tuts, no please/thank yous we were made to feel like a nuisance, so left and ate somewhere else instead. I hear it is a little pricier than other places, not bothered about that- but very poor service with expensive prices don't go well together.

Archived