Cricket Inn - Totley- your opinions...

4-4-2

Is it actually a pub again or more like a restaurant now?

If you go at meal times it does feel more like a restaurant as the food is popular and many tables are taken by diners, however it is run as a pub that does good food rather than a restaurant that serves beer. Although it is a very foodie pub you won't feel unwelcome if you are just drinking!

And the Thornbridge beers aren't bad...

Checked the website out and downloaded the voucher for a free desert and a few of us went tonight. My wife's steak had to be returned as it was still rare (ordered medium rare) and when we came to pay were told the free desert vouchers were no longer honored, apparently the website is still owned by the previous owners! As I had seen the flyer with website advertised in Thyme cafe (co-owners) I found this a bit strange, think trading standards would enjoy that one! Beer good though.

Dave.

There is a car park but it must be oversubscribed these days...

If you want to get there by public transport you can get bus 97 to Totley terminus then it's a 10 minute downhill walk along a country lane, or get bus M17 to Totley Brook Road and walk through the woods along the riverside path (again about a 10 minute walk)

Well i must be the exception. We had Sunday lunch there last week. It did not have what the menu stated, staff were just not bothered when i complained. The Pork we had was chewy and fatty and the veg consisted of 1 piece of Broccoli and a few stringy beans which were rubbish and the meal was luke warm. We complained to manageress and i sent my food back so she took the price of it off the bill which incidently was £20 excluding drinks when quite frankly we would have eaten better at KFC. We used to eat at the cricket all the time but now it seems to have been taken over by a chain and i wouldn't go near the place again or recommend anyone else to.

As we were settling our bill there was another family complaining so maybe it was an extremely bad day.

I have to agree with you, we've been going to The Cricket for a long time and although the decor is lovely, the food is very over priced for pub food.

We went last friday and every other meal seemed to come with mango chutney no matter what it was, I love Indian food put wasn't pursueded by the Indian style sheperds pie ?! The beer is good tho so we will only be going there for a drink on a sunny evening when the kids are more loosely dispersed outside was really noisey when we went last. Disapointed :(

Hi

Good to see everyone's comments.

I am one of the partners in The Cricket Inn and i think it is great to get all of this feedback and i can take it all on board and continue to make improvements as we go along.

Sorry to hear of anyone who has not enjoyed thier time, but we are still on a steep learning curve here and the 'soft opening' we hoped for has not quite gone to plan and we have already had over 5000 customers!

please feel free to ask any questions and i am more than happy to try and help

Cheers

Simon

Archived