Cricket Inn - Totley- your opinions...

4-4-2

Hi

we do have a lot of people paying all at once and we are working towards making that better and i ask you bear with us.

very often we find we are quiet a six o'clock and full at half past - this means that everyone also finishes around the same time so wants to pay their bill at the same time.

as i say we are trying to combat this and we do have 2 bars on now that can take orders and pay bills. the cricket has historically had problems with this and i know in years gone by there have been long queues out of the door to get a drink when it is really busy in the summer.

anyway thanks to all for the continued support and i am sure we will get there to please most people.

I've not had any problems myself, but any teething problems with service I'm confident will be ironed out - the Coach & Horses wasn't perfect to start with but that's running very smoothly now.

spent most of last night there and all afternoon today. What a great atmosphere (if you ignore the mossies!) and the collection of beers on offer?? - top quality - could have stayed there all night - but might have had trouble standing - although same to be said of Richard Hawley who had clearly appreciated the Guiness as he left this evening - everyone who didn't move fast enough got a hug and kiss - what a top bloke!!!!

This is a seriously great pub - Jim/Simon - you should be very proud - Sheffield needs a venue like this and sorry - don't know your cellarman's name, but he deserves a round of applause for the organisation of the beer festival - I'll be back tomorrow to help finish off the dregs!!!

And whilst I don't mind about the parking as I live in walking distance, you do need to make sure the cricket pitch is protected - watching cars drive across the crease today made me shudder!!

Cellarman is Andrew Brett, and today (Monday) sees Nicola Farnham performing at 2pm and 5pm.

I'm suprised I can remember that as judging by my head this morning I drunk way too much beer and got sunstroke.... was propping up the festival bar for about 7 hours though...

BEER LIST for outside bar

Abbeydale Absolution (5.3%)

Abbeydale Temptation (4.5%)

Bradfield Farmers Blonde (4.0%)

Bradfield Farmers Milk Stout (4.5%)

Kelham Island Gold (3.8%)

Kelham Island Pale Rider (5.2%)

Sheffield Blanco Blonde (4.2%)

Sheffield Seven Hills (4.2%)

Wentworth Bumble Beer (4.3%) - a honey beer!

Wentworth Oatmeal Stout (4.8%)

plus

Thornbridge Jaywick (4.8%)

Thornbridge Norfolk (3.5%) - Festival Special 1

Thornbridge Googly (4.0%) - Festival Special 2

Thornbridge Sillymidoff (4.7%) - Festival Special 3

Thornbridge St Petersburg Imperial Russian Stout (7.7%)

The Hawley Ales were all on the bar of the pub itself, and as part of the theme not only was the pub renamed for the weekend, the regular Thornbridge beers on the bar were rebadged too.

From what I remember:

Thornbridge Jaipur IPA = Hawley Coles Corner

Thornbridge Lord Marples = Hawley Ladys Bridge

Thornbridge Wild Swan/Cricket Ale = Hawley Low Edges

Archived