Cricket Inn - Totley- your opinions...

4-4-2

Child friendly???????? Was in Friday and Saturday early evenings - more kids than adults

Thankyou saved me a wasted journey.

If you fancy a trip out there to a proper pub, go the the excellent Crown Inn just at the bottom of Penny Lane. They have excellent beer (especially the London Pride) and good home cooked food at very reasonable prices.

Best of all, they don't allow kids in :thumbsup:

If you fancy a trip out there to a proper pub, go the the excellent Crown Inn just at the bottom of Penny Lane. They have excellent beer (especially the London Pride) and good home cooked food at very reasonable prices.

Yes thanks great beer their been many times over the years used to know the landlord there although that was some years back.

Cant stnd pubs full of kids running around the place.

What an idiotic post:huh:

Disagree re the Crown. Really clique' - try getting served before one of the "regulars" whose cars always block the road in front long before the carpark at the rear is anywhere near full. Plus, closes whenever you're thirsty (ie afternoons) and the landlord - hmm - clearly appreciates his own beer!

Not been in last few weeks (mainly becuase the 200m away Cricket is so good) - but goodness knows what the staff do now they can't smoke inside. And finally - the London Pride is NOT London Pride - it's the creamy Northern rubbish that the Thornbridge Brewery rejects totally and thus makes their pubs so good (from a Southerner's point of view).

Understand the comment about not letting kids in - but do they have to be so in your face about it - prominant sign outside saying something along the lines of "we'll kill your children if they step foot over our threshold!" - I might have exaggerated slightly for effect.

Crowns not a bad little pub actually but you have to wait about 10 minutes to get your beer and when it finally comes it tends to be a short measure with large head, although the staff tend to be pretty OK if you ask for it to be topped up (although they have mentioned the landlord has specifically trained them to serve beer like that so it looks well presented).

The sign about children is probably a requirement as they perhaps don't have a childrens licence and want to avoid a situation occurring in the first place.

At the end of the day the Crown is a traditional 'country' style pub that also does nice food, the Cricket Inn is doing something slightly different, and I think it's good that all the pubs in Totley are raising their profile now - you never seemed to hear about pubs at that end of town before.

And finally - the London Pride is NOT London Pride - it's the creamy Northern rubbish that the Thornbridge Brewery rejects totally and thus makes their pubs so good (from a Southerner's point of view).

I haven't tasted London Pride in London and I wasn't aware what we get was any different. Tastes good to me though.

Do Fullers supply two different varieties of London Pride? I know that the stuff I drink in Gloucestershire tastes the same as the Sheffield stuff and I like the taste.

Archived