Over 65's needed for research

Hello, I'm a student from Sheffield University doing a research project into how over 65's feel about mobile phones. If anyone would be willing to help by filling out a simple questionnaire that would be fantastic. It doesn't matter whether or not you actually have a mobile phone. If you are willing to help then please PM me.

No research currently exists into this issue and I hope to publish the results.

Kate

Hi Kate,

I bought my pensioner father a mobile phone, a couple of Christmases ago.

He'd been very ill, and whilst he was recovering, he'd relax by going fishing. I didn't like the idea of him going out without some means of summoning help if he was to "take poorly".

when I gave it him, he was very perturbed, and said, in his lovely broad sheffield accent (!)

"ah don't kno' what th's bowt mi that for! I 'ave trubble lighting 't gas!"

:lol: bless!

I'll ask him if he's willing to do the survey for you.

Mobile Phones I hate them..Before I retired the Boss gave me one for Free (paid by the Company)...It was always giving me aggro ringing when I was driving, when I was at home, at weekends, when I was in bed, ...at meetings etc: and when I switched it off he used to moan because he coudn't contact me and claimed I had caused him problems by not being available 24 Hrs a day

I only got paid for 8 Hrs a day...in the end he took it off me and gave it to another guy who worked there (Sucker)... and you can't beat a nice walk around Tesco's with someone at the side of you shouting down the phone discussing with his deaf wife what kind of washing up liquid she wants bringing home...Capain Kirk (of Star Treck fame) has a lot to answer for when he invented this awful device.

Archived