Road closures discussion

Tony

I don't mean to be funny, but isn't this thread meant to be about reporting roads which are closed, not talking about it? If people need to find information quickly, wading through a load of chat can be difficult.

I know nobody's being deliberately difficult on the thread, but can this be kept clear for PURE information? If a road is closed, list it.

I got from Killamarsh to Dronfield tonight by going through halfway up mosborough ridgeway up through gleadless then down the parkway and had no problems.

My dad had to drive round Eckington and surrounding areas to find a way to get into killamarsh as the bottom of eckington was flooded and the road to renishaw was impassable in places.

Does any one know how bad it is trying to get from Grenoside into town and then out to Meadowhead please? My hubby has been stuck for over 6 hours and I'm worried. He's only moved 2 miles in the last 4 hours. I know everyone's in the same boat but the TV news isn't mentioning people stranded in cars!

I've not heard much about Handsworth, I would guess that the area around the White Rose Pub will be very badly flooded. Sheffield station is a no go area but I don't know about Woodhouse Mill or Darnall stations, they might be worth a try

The road at the railway bridge was flooded but passable with care, footpath also passable, further up at the White Rose was ok, rest of Handsworth ok as its on the hill.

Willow Pan - when i walked this stretch of road coming home about 7pm there was no chance of your husband making it. Diversions everywhere and gridlock was fast appraching. Both Penistone Road rivers had taken the road itself in to a new river. It was coming up to my waist when wading through it.

Ecclesfield Common now looks to be slightly passable.

Archived