Road closures discussion

Tony

Garryn

If you drive down Whitley Lane to the junction with Elliott Lane, you can turn back up Elliott Lane and come out on the A61 just before Bracken Hill, and avoid floods in Greno Woods. It was dodgy at Tankersley earlier on so I don't know how it is there now. Do NOT go past the turning for Elliott Lane or you'll end up underwater! Watch out for the demolished wall too. It is flooded but only an inch or so. This is the way I came home. I went to pick up my gf after she abandoned her car and waded upto her thighs on Rutland Road. I picked her up near the Timbertop and was back at Burncross in 20 minutes. Good luck! :)

I haven't read all the way through this thread yet, but I just wondered if anybody could suggest any way of getting from the Burngreave area to City Road - every which way seems to hit a flooded road. I have somebody stuck who has been driving for five hours and has ended up where they started. It's absolutely crazy!

I wouldnt try! a workmate left here (norfolk park) at 3pm and rang at 01.30am to say she had just reached shiregreen, thats 10 hours!!!

Archived