Road closures discussion

Tony

Penistone Rd shut both ways between SWFC and the roundabout. Police using leppings lane as diversion (in both directions). Traffic starting to build up...

Simon

Anyone know if Chesterfield Road is closed ? Also - are First Buses running ?

(especially up chesterfield road/woodseats area)

According to the bbc roads site, Chesterfield road is open but difficult driving conditions.

You're advised to avoid public transport if possible.

im trying 2 get into sheffield from derbyshire... is it worth the hassle. i work in town whats it like there?

Bit vague as town is a big place. Bits are still flooded, bits are not. I guess traffic would be bad all over. The M1 is closed around sheffield so if that is your normal route you'd have to divert, though many of the diversion routes are flooded.

I would check with your office before setting off.

Thanks everyone for the update on penistone Road. Had only got 5 mins from home when I heard from my boss who said we are closed today anyway, so have turned back and come home! Hope everyone who has to travel doesn't have too much of a nightmare!

Archived