Road closures discussion

Tony

My husband is in Glasgow, due to drive back to Sheffield today. Anyone know what his chances of getting home are, we live in Heeley S2 so would normally go passed Meadowhall, not sure whats the situation with motorways?

Thanks

As at 0800 this morning, M1 was closed between J32 and J34.

This means that surrounding roads will be bad with diverted traffic, unless people are being sensible and staying home.

I need to get to Barnsley City Centre from the Shalesmoor roundabout on Penistone Road Sheffield, anyone got any info, I hear the M1 is closed upto 34 which is going to mean busy busy traffic. Is the A61, or dearn valley open?

Any help! thankyou

All routes closed at last count. There is a theoretical possibility of getting on the M1 northbound at J34 (depending on level of flooding at Meadowhall), but until Ulley Dam is safe, you won't be able to get back to Sheffield, so it's a one-way deal. I really wouldn't bother unless it's life or death. I work in Barnsley centre, and have been told to stay at home in Sheffield :clap:

Anyone know how feasible it would be to drive from Pitsmoor to vaguely near Hawkesley Road to pick up friend with little 'un who've had no power since yesterday afternoon? I'd normally go down Rutland Road and along Penistone Road.

Anyone know how feasible it would be to drive from Pitsmoor to vaguely near Hawkesley Road to pick up friend with little 'un who've had no power since yesterday afternoon? I'd normally go down Rutland Road and along Penistone Road.

Don't know about the bottom of Rutland Road but traffic is moving slowly along Penistone Road.

Archived