Road closures discussion

Tony

Middlewood Road into town has road closed signs up, but road over the top through Worrall is OK, dropping down to Middlewood tram which is running(but no traffic lights by the look of it).

The water under the bridge in Oughtibridge is partly blocked by loads of tree trunnks - quite impressive. Lucky the bridge has held...

Anyone know how feasible it would be to drive from Pitsmoor to vaguely near Hawkesley Road to pick up friend with little 'un who've had no power since yesterday afternoon? I'd normally go down Rutland Road and along Penistone Road.

Rutland road is clear and passable I have been down it to drop other half at work in town this morning. Penistone road is passable but queues down it but is closed down near SWFC traffic being diverted up Herries Road.

Try going from Rotherham up to Thorpe Hesley, crossing the M1 there, then back down towards Chapeltown, Lane Top.

I've no idea what the roads are like though as I haven't been out. . .

That won't work as Cowley Lane (Jn 35 to Chap road) is closed :(

You can't get from the M1 to Chapeltown through Jn35 at the moment. Not even across the M1. The road in Chap is flooded.

Try going from Rotherham up to Thorpe Hesley, crossing the M1 there, then back down towards Chapeltown, Lane Top.

I've no idea what the roads are like though as I haven't been out. . .

What ^^^^ they said

My hubby works for the emergancy services in Rotherham and must make the journey to Rotherham town centre to begin work at lunchtime. We live in Beighton and he is planning on going along the Parkway and over the motorway junction 33 and along Centenary Way.

Does anyone know if this is a possible route?

Any info welcome, thanks xxx

Still want to try to get to work...anyone can recommend routes from Donny to Woodseats?? Obviously can't get on the M1 anymore...any alternative routes??? I'm new in the area...doesn't know many shortcuts...thx for any help!!

Missy

Archived