Road closures discussion

Tony

That won't work as Cowley Lane (Jn 35 to Chap road) is closed :(

You can't get from the M1 to Chapeltown through Jn35 at the moment. Not even across the M1. The road in Chap is flooded.

Cowley Lane was fully clear this morning at about 7.00 . I got from Ecclesfield to Doncaster on the A629 ,A630, A1, M18. Not sure if that road is showing as open yet on the traffic websites.

When I attempted to get down the parkway to Rotherham for work, it was static traffic for some time, then I slowly moved along to find the whole road closed at Handsworth. Not sure what it's like now/any other routes, I've ended up going home instead.

The major flood last night was north of the Burncross turn off, so I'm afraid that's not really any major reassurance.

I got stuck at the flood that was north of the turn off and walked from there to Hillsborough.

At some point today I'd like to get my car back (hopefully).

Missylovely tbh I wouldn't even attempt it. Still lots of roads closed and my friend is trying to cross the city to get home from yesterday morning. If the Ully Dam banks burst it will cause further chaos so there is no saying you would even get home.

If your empolyers are in Sheffield I am sure they will understand.

My advice - stay at home.

The parkway is now closed outbound from Asda to rotherham. The motorway is completely closed I would guess that there is now no way of accessing rotherham from sheffield at all!!

Jus read on council webiste that all emergency service workers are being asked to go to their nearest depot or hospital etc if possible and not to try to get to their normal place of work if dangerous!

Anyone any clues best route to get north from Sheffield (from the university area to Leeds)? I stayed over with a friend last night but I'd really like to get home for this evening. Can't quite work out between the road closures and the gridlock if this is just wistful thinking. Clare

Anyone any clues best route to get north from Sheffield (from the university area to Leeds)? I stayed over with a friend last night but I'd really like to get home for this evening. Can't quite work out between the road closures and the gridlock if this is just wistful thinking. Clare

In theory, you want Penistone road, past SWFC, up Halifax road (parsons cross) to A61 as far as junction 36 of M1.

I think this is supposed to be doable atm.

Archived