Road closures discussion

Tony

Just tried to get to the tip in High Green, they are diverting traffic through Chapeltown, lorries and everything. It's a traffic nightmare, avoid High Green and Chap at the mo if you can!!

The parkway is now closed outbound from Asda to rotherham. The motorway is completely closed I would guess that there is now no way of accessing rotherham from sheffield at all!!

Jus read on council webiste that all emergency service workers are being asked to go to their nearest depot or hospital etc if possible and not to try to get to their normal place of work if dangerous!

There's no cones at the bottom of Cowley Lane chapeltown any more so you might be able to go out that way to get to Rotherham.

Sorry, just spotted this thread after posting in the "Floods" section. Are the 75/76 buses running into town OK? I work the late shift for Royal Mail and need to know if I can get to town and back OK. I've been all over the net, and tried phoning the bus lines but to no avail.

I usually work at Brightside lane, but they've told us to make our way to the CDO in town. Your help much appreciated.

Mill Road and Nether Lane in Ecclesfield are now open.

Any idea what its like at Dinnington?

Depends where you are. My back Garden was under 2 feet of water...smae for garage.

A lot of new houses were flooded I think. Although the roads seem okay. Aston/Treeton/swallownest all bad though

In theory, you want Penistone road, past SWFC, up Halifax road (parsons cross) to A61 as far as junction 36 of M1.

I think this is supposed to be doable atm.

A61 around Grenoside is quite bad/flooded at the moment was my last info. You can go through Chapeltown - police are directing traffic and it it slow but passable

Archived