Road closures discussion

Tony

can you actually leave the parkway at handsworth? I need to get from sheffield to worksop (currently stuck at work and want to get home)

My GF couldn't do that journey last night. Don't think she'll be home tonight either.

You did have to go to handsworth, back on in the park going into town and up through mosbrough. However, you may struggle at the aston/swallownest side of things!

Does anyone know if Meadowhall is closed please? I've heard rumours but my mum works there and doesn't know whether to set off to work or not. She can't get through on phone lines... anyone know anything?:confused:

A61 around Grenoside is quite bad/flooded at the moment was my last info. You can go through Chapeltown - police are directing traffic and it it slow but passable

according to Radio sheffield the A61 north of sheff is closed as part of the road has collapsed!!

So you wont get up there!!

In theory, you want Penistone road, past SWFC, up Halifax road (parsons cross) to A61 as far as junction 36 of M1.

I think this is supposed to be doable atm.

Thanks Dafoot, that's my usual route but seems like Grenoside is closed and also not sure about A61 link to M1 and how chocked it is. I reckon I'll just have to set off and see, unlikely to be life threatening just frustrating! May try Outibridge, up Jawbone lane to Grenoside but turn left onto the top road over to thurgoland, silkstone common and come in on J37. Anyone with more info on that kind of area comment welcome! Clare

Firstly, thanks for replies last night - the up to date info meant I stopped up in Leeds and missed a hell-ish journey.

I'm planning on setting off from Leeds to Crookes in an hour or so. My usual route is off at J36, then A61 to Hillsborough and up. Is there any news on whether this is passable, and if not, does someone know another route from J36 to crookes?

Many thanks.

Archived