Road closures discussion

Tony

My GF couldn't do that journey last night. Don't think she'll be home tonight either.

You did have to go to handsworth, back on in the park going into town and up through mosbrough. However, you may struggle at the aston/swallownest side of things!

Im getting scared now that Im not going to get home

I'm planning on setting off from Leeds to Crookes in an hour or so. My usual route is off at J36, then A61 to Hillsborough and up. Is there any news on whether this is passable, and if not, does someone know another route from J36 to crookes?

Many thanks.

I'm in exactly the same boat (no pun intended). I had to spend the night at my parents on Teesside rather than braving the commute back from Wetherby to Crookes. I really want to get back to my wife tonight but am wondering if it's actually possible at the moment getting in from the M1 North of the city.

Hmmmmm. Not good.

I'd like to add how invaluable all the advice and information on this site has been though. You should all be very proud of the help you've provided a lot of people. Thanks again.

according to Radio sheffield the A61 north of sheff is closed as part of the road has collapsed!!

So you wont get up there!!

I can confirm this- the part that has collapsed is just south of the A629 junction, so everyone approaching the city from the north on the A61 is being directed either into High Green, on the A629 towards Penistone/Manchester or back on themselves to find another route.

I abandoned my car last night at High Green and walked home, and so walked back to the car a couple of hours ago past the collapsed part.

I'm in exactly the same boat (no pun intended). I had to spend the night at my parents on Teesside rather than braving the commute back from Wetherby to Crookes. I really want to get back to my wife tonight but am wondering if it's actually possible at the moment getting in from the M1 North of the city.

Hmmmmm. Not good.

I'd like to add how invaluable all the advice and information on this site has been though. You should all be very proud of the help you've provided a lot of people. Thanks again.

If you can come down as far as the Stocksbridge bypass then navigate round using the A6102 then you should be fine. There are a couple of passable floods on the A6102 between Wharncliffeside and Middlewood (and a collapsed part of the road needing temporary traffic lights to get people through) but it's basically OK- I got my car back from High Green that way a while ago.

Hi

Don't suppose anyone knows how the Park and Ride Carpark at Meadowhall (Tinsley viaduct side) was effected by the flood? We had to leave our car there yesterday and were going to walk over from Treeton to pick it up but think the roads might still be closed round there.

Thanks

W

Archived