Road closures discussion

Tony

I went on Infirmary Road, through the tram gate in Hillsborough, through Middlewood and up to Deepcar. It was a pretty hairy journey with the road flooded up to perhaps 60cm in about 20 places, then cut onto the A629 at Deepcar - after that there wasn't a sign of any flooding.

This is the route I took this morning from Sheffield to Huddersfield (7.30am). Had to go through three flooded areas, but it wasn't too bad and the traffic was extremely light. A629 to Huddersfield was absolutely fine.

Sorry Deano117, was early last evening. My husband said that they had parked them in flower beds to try to get them a bit higher.

Nooo! i think the black car in the pic might be mine! :( is it worser today then it was last night do you know?

My inlaws are desperate to get down south (charming!) tomorrow. Assuming the M1's still shut, what's their best bet getting from Oughtibridge? Is the A61through Chesterfield ok? Or over to Barnsley then A1?

Any ideas will be gratefully received

we had to go and rescue my sisters car this afternoon (3pm) and this is the route we took, there and back, and the roads were open no problems apart from some traffic lights being out and police directing traffic at leppings lane.

A6102 Wharncliffe Side - A61 Penistone Rd

A61 - Herries Road

Herries Rd - Fir Vale

Fir Vale - Upwell Street

Upwell Street - Hawke Street

And on to Valley Centretainment.

Same journey back, the roads were very clear, one part of the A6102 between Oughtibridge and Middlewood is one lane only due to some of the road falling into the river don, but there are traffic lights directing traffic etc.

Everyone is moving quite slowly and patiently, but there are still the idiots who don't think anyone else exists, so go steady out there :) keep safe.

Archived