Road closures discussion

Tony

My husband took two hours to get to S8 from west Chesterfield this evening, with the aid of Green Flag rescue (his wipers broke)... the A61 was open going north only, both sides, and nothing was getting further south than Tescos. There are people stranded in Chesterfield centre in broken down cars, as the rescue vehicles can't find any unflooded roads (or at least they couldn't earlier this evening).

I have literally just managed to get free from my car... been trapped on penistone road near the farfield inn for 6 hours its so shocking down there.. I hope the lady who was in the blue corsa with the little un was ok and I hope my blanket helped... xxx

hiya my friend live on abberdale road sounth and has had to leave here car and walk home(water up to her knee with a stick to help her walk) due to police stopping cars going along abberdale road south at the bueacheif hotel or near it thats was about 7 tonight hope this help love leaxxx

It's not just the roads. I left at 8.30 this morning to get to Lincoln from just south of London and I'm stuck here - GNER cancelled all East Coast Mainline Services, Midland Mainline weren't running to Nottingham or Sheffield either. I'm just hoping I can manage it tomorrow!

It's not just the roads. I left at 8.30 this morning to get to Lincoln from just south of London and I'm stuck here - GNER cancelled all East Coast Mainline Services, Midland Mainline weren't running to Nottingham or Sheffield either. I'm just hoping I can manage it tomorrow!

I know. My little sister's stuck in Liverpool on her own. She's only 16!! She went for a tour of a University this morning and can't get back... and we can't get to her!

Got home from Templeborough to Devonshire Quarter in 50 mins... set off at 7:50pm

M1 South from j34 (could get on fine, just couldn't get off at J34) was fine, but the traffic going north looked shocking.

The Parkway was surprisingly clear, until reaching the Manor Lane turn-off. Crawled into town, came off at the Sheaf Quay's turn-off and got round the back way to Park Square.

Park Square was VERY busy, more or less at grid-lock. Came off at Commercial Street and the run along Arundel Gate home was totally clear back to DQ.

Archived