Road closures discussion

Tony

I travelled along the m18 earlier on and then had a little detour into Rotherham and got stuck on every route out. So M18 then M1 to junction 31 is fine. I'd then get yourself down Aston Bypass, Woodhouse and out that way back to Handsworth as the Don and the area around was pretty dreadful at 7.00 ish and probably worse now.

Anyone got any ideas what Hillsbrough is like round the KFC area..And penistone road...My brother in-law and his two kids (1 year old and 2 year old) set off at 5pm and still aren't home.

Thanks

Anyone????

I haven't read all the way through this thread yet, but I just wondered if anybody could suggest any way of getting from the Burngreave area to City Road - every which way seems to hit a flooded road. I have somebody stuck who has been driving for five hours and has ended up where they started. It's absolutely crazy!

I've just traversed (Mon PM) the route through Stony Middleton > Baslow > Cutthorpe > Chesterfield > Eckington.

A couple of Derbys CC pick-up trucks and police car seemed to be keeping an eye on the A619 at Stony M. Several "fords" on the journey after that: quite a bad one in a dip in the road on the hill east of Baslow. Station Road railway bridge near the A61 roundabout at Whittington Moor under water with a car floating in it. A couple more fords between Whittington and Eckington. Bottom of Rotherham Road at A6135 traffic lights at Eckington under water.

If possible, try to let traffic going in the opposite direction pass so you can go into the middle road and get a good run at things. If it looks very bad take a detour!

Anyone heard anything else about the roads into Hull? I know its nothing to do with Sheffield but if they are bad then I dont have to go to work!!?? Also I ditched my van on New Droppingwell Rd so if thats bad I definatly can't go!!!

I would imagine you'll be ok. I can't see the bypass being flooded, not the part from Tankersley to Stocksbridge anyway. All I heard on the radio earlier was that it was flooded at Tankersley so providing you can get to the roundabout, I would imagine you'll be ok.

I on the other hand though, need to get to Heeley tomorrow......

Archived