Road closures discussion

Tony

Does anyone know what the roads are like in Oughtibridge now? Haven't read anything in this thread about it so assuming it's ok? My boyfriend's thinking of going through there back from work. Any help much appreciated : )

I got back from High Green earlier - went to tankersley roundabout, came off bypass toward wortley. Left onto Finkle street, thru Green Moor and down to Stocksbridge. Manchester Road is closed just pass the Silver Fox so you'll have to go round the back way (Unsliven / Cross Lane / etc). Good luck

Tried to detour around the traffic chaos on the A61 tonight, via Stocksbridge, and Manchester Road was flooded in several places.

In Stocksbridge itself we saw one road where the there was a river flowing down it, with a large part of the road surface washed away. Avoid if possible! Took us four hours to get home, compared with a normal time of less than an hour.

I dont know if this is the right place to put this but here I go.

What is he chances of me getting from High Green to Stocksbridge tomorrow? I ask because Im working at a fund raising disco tomorrow so really dont want to miss it.

Who you doing the disco for, sure my brother is doing it aswell

Archived