Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Phones use a separate D.C. supply and don't rely on the A.C. substations.

They do if your with Virgin media and the substation has blown !! They still need power to them.

We're likely to have no phones until the power is restored according to their ever so helpful 'HELPDESK'

Hi, can anyone tell me if there are power cuts in the Parson Cross area at the moment? My mother and father in-law left my house on lower manor at 10.00am this morning and I cant get hold of them on there landline (its powered by the electric)

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Still off at Malin Bridge, nothing since 3 yesterday pm. Also flooding, rang housing association for sand bags, they put me onto fire service who told me to ring, 101. Was rang back eventually to say it wasn't a police problem needed to ring council but their offices had been evacuated. I thought 101 was supposed to be a joint service between council and police or so they say on the phone line and even the radio this am but nobody was prepared to help. Surely sandbags should be kept at central location in each area so people can go and pick them up. I could have walked to the fire station on Rivelin Valley Road from my house. Surely the council needs to get organised.

Archived