Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Power is still out over Sheffield 6.

Bizzare as I am posting on hear but had to come to a friends for a bath etc as we are still without power.

The power went at about 3pm yesterday and it is still off according to the recorded message on electricity website it doesn't sound like it will be back on at all today.

Diddn't think earlier but I am near some old people who are all electric so been unable to have a good british cuppa all day so if your on gas think about your neighbours especially the older ones and make them a cuppa or boil a pan on your fancy new gas hobs.

Still up City Road over loading the national grid charging 101 mobile phones etc for friends and family hope the dam bursting doesn't effect too many poeple as it will be a nightmare and very distressing.

I'm in the same situation - up at my mate's in Crookes. Popped home at lunch and still no power. Annoying as it only appears to be the roads between Taplin Road and Holme Lane - above Taplin road the power was on last night.

I'd suggest making preps for no elec tonight - I'll be having me tea in Spinrocs before heading home (although, having said that, none of the shops on Crookes had power first thing this morning while I was hunting for a coffee - might give them a call).

Just phoned YEDL and apart from the 'working on it' response the message implied that the power would be out until Wednesday!!!

Another night cooking beans over a candle then :confused:

:( Not impressed :(

I already put my claim in for my loss of contents from Freezer.

Hmm, we only filled the fridge and freezer up on Sunday as well :rant:

...and as we have no phones working at home I can't even put a claim in :(

i've just had to phone yedl u for my parents because they have had no power in oughtibridge since yesterday teatime the lady there said they could'nt say when the power will be switched back on in that area but they are working there hardest to try to resolve it what a nightmare

Just phone YEDL again for a better update they are now saying that it's the national grid that won't give them enough power to restore the remaining faults and they can't give any further updates, basically what they are saying is they haven't got the foggiest what is happeiong and they are giving out random answers !!!

Just phone YEDL again for a better update they are now saying that it's the national grid that won't give them enough power to restore the remaining faults and they can't give any further updates, basically what they are saying is they haven't got the foggiest what is happeiong and they are giving out random answers !!!

Ha ha - great excuse

Now can everyone who HAS electricity please stop using it for a few minutes so they can reboot those of us who haven't?? Thank you very much.

There, lets see if that works.

Archived