Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Hi, I live in Wadlsey Park Village but I've had to come back home to my parents nr manchester cos of the power cut as i couldn't get to any of my friends houses as that would've involved travel across sheffield today which was pretty much impossible when they closed parkway etc. i was wondering if someone would be able to post on here when power is restored back at WPV so that I can decide when to come home! Many thanks...

I live in Hillsborough close to Hillsborough corner and my housemate just told me that there is no power in our area. I am so frustrated, I have not able to work last night due to lack of power and same today. Why don't they have spare capacity for these situations. They charge so much money for power but when it comes to delivering then start giving excuses.

I live just off Holme Lane near Hillsborough corner but am at my mates up the road. We have been out of electric for over 24 hours like many of you. Does anyone have the number of the main electrical distributor or know when power will be restored??:suspect:

Getting phone calls at work - people complaining they have no electricity and more or less blaming us for it being off so long. When I told a particular person it was out of our hands the YEDL people were working on restoring the electricity and thousands of people were in the same situation, this person had the nerve to say, "Well I'm only interested in me at the moment"!!! :mad: How selfish can people be, cos they live in what they may think is a super flat (I would never live in one myself) they think they are something else and at the click of a finger people can work miracles. Have they not heard anything what is going on, have they not seen a newspaper, people have lost lives, have lost all their possessions, and they are complaining cos they have no electricity! :mad::loopy::rant:

It's amazing how people moan at a time like this :hihi:

I think you just have to think that it's going to take a while to get back in the swing of things, it is terrible but we're all in the same boat... (no pun intended)

Archived