Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

I live just off Holme Lane near Hillsborough corner but am at my mates up the road. We have been out of electric for over 24 hours like many of you. Does anyone have the number of the main electrical distributor or know when power will be restored??:suspect:

You must live close to me! Not sure on the number, but it will be in the phone book, yellow pages, on the back of your last bill or I think also probably in the important numbers thread on here. Personally, I'm not banking on it being back until end of tomorrow and have started making alternative arrangements.

it amazes me how selfish some are... the ones in the thick of it were rallying round and getting on with it but still in good spirits yet people who were in areas not affected directly (flooded)eg eccelsall rd/london road were all so miserable looking:huh:

The power is back at 19:23 on Dykes Lane, YAY!!

Could almost have scripted it.

Shaved in freezing cold water (I'll probably die from blood loss)

Spent a fortune on torches, batteries and candles

Took the family out for tea

Dumped the contents of the fridge and freezer

...oh and just phoned YEDL to be told power will be out until Wednesday.

I'm told by one source there's a power cut around Malin Bridge. And I certainly can't connect to my servers at home at the moment. Anyone verify this? And most importantly, know if the Yew Tree looks open as I'm about to head off there!

It gonna be a power cut tonight so thy can send power to over ouses:confused:

Ive been told by a neighbour that Tesco's in S6 are emptying their freezers as the whole of S6 is supposed to be loosin Electric tonight?

anyone know how true this is???

Are you sure they are not emptying them because of the flooding and previous powercut? Must admit I wouldnt mind a bit more info on the possiblity of more pwercuts

Are you sure they are not emptying them because of the flooding and previous powercut? Must admit I wouldnt mind a bit more info on the possiblity of more pwercuts

No, apparently a member of staff said that there was going to be a loss of power, as far as i was aware the fridge/freezers were not affected by the flood

Archived