Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Is this height related? I'm fairly high now (Upperthorpe) and we're fine. whoever was asking about Neverthorpe, that's probably fine too.

I don't think it can be height related, I'm nearly 5' 7" and I've still got an electric supply!

i know. very worrying. got all me candles ready anyway!

Alright for some all i have is two damn torches if the batteries go im stuffed if the power goes off it's going to be a night of darkness :(

Luckily for us though my partners parents live round the corner so we can go there thank god:)

Lets hope that's what causes the dip in supply everwhere else, and not the impending faliure of the substation..any update on West st ??

west street is back up now, and there was me thinking i wouldnt be affected by any flood related stuff tucked away in a city centre flat on the third floor!

BBC Northern news - announced rolling power cuts over the next two days in certain postal areas, in a bid to bank up stores. They are said to be between two and three hours duration. Viewers were told to listen to Radio Sheffield for details. Areas 1, 6 and 10 are some areas to be affected.

The news has just siad that there will be rolling blackouts for 2 hours at a time across parts of sheffield. This is to allow YEDL to fix faults. It was in S1, S10, S11, S5, S6.

free phone 0800 169 2996 for advice.

If you know anymore just add it here.

Cheers

From the CE Electric Site -

http://ceelectricuk.com/page/news/current/detail.cfm?articleId=147&mode=current

The post code areas that may be affected in approximately 3 hour blocks during Wednesday 27 June are listed as follows:

Sheffield Postcode

S1

S3

S5

S6

S10

S30

S35

More information will be available during these power interruptions by calling 0800 169 2996 where customers will hear a recorded message for their local area.

Archived