Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Guest sibon
Do you know where it says .....

.....S10 1, does that mean its only going to affect placers like S10 1gb

Because im based at S10 2GB (for example) So am i S10 2?????

And finally would this affect me?

I have just spoken with a real person at YEDL. Power for s10 2xx could be cut between 9 and 12 this morning. It isn't guarranteed, but if it goes, it goes for 3 hours.

Worryingly, the nice man told me that the rota of cuts will go on for the next five days.

There's a recorded messages giving the 0900-1200 areas on 0800 1692996

However some of the postcodes aren't exactly clear (eg. s10 1 or s1 01???)

I've tried ringing this but it just flicks onto engaged repeatedly. Are they sick of all the forummers ringing it perhaps?

Couldn't they power share more effectively and equitably by having shorter power cuts spread more widely round the city or is that not a practical option? Seems a bit unfair to concentate on these areas that have also had the worst of the floods.

I'm sure prople in the posh leafy bits up on the hills would like to do their bit to help and an hour or two for everyone is surely less disruptive overall?

Well I'm at work in S1 2DH (nr Cathedral) and everything seems completely normal. All the shops were open as usual yesterday... I won't know if they're open today until my lunch break, but I can't see why they wouldn't be.

Archived