Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Im in S6 4 and our power went off 12.20 till 3.20.

S6 4 is in all those groups except 2b so does that mean that the power could go off again at any time? Its just confused me even more!!!

my mum lives in s6 4 and shes had power all afternoon, :huh:

I've just had an email from work saying that rolling powercuts will be in force till at least Friday lunchtime :o

Yorkshire Electricity continue to advise that the power rationing regime will go on until midday on Friday and cuts are planned overnight.

It would be advisable if those of you working in the taller buildings would vacate those buildings prior to the next scheduled cut time of 6.00pm, as it is conceivable that YE may preferentially supply residential properties during the evening and nightime period and cutting power to businesses and organisations which generally work 9-5.This could create problems of lifts not working or emergency lighting failing in internal staircases with no natural light.

my mum lives in s6 4 and shes had power all afternoon, :huh:

Really! Thats weird, ours was off almost 3 hours exactly.

I was sat in the bath when the power went so had to drive up to my blokes in Stannington to dry my hair!!!

Just wish they'd make an official announcement of what times and where these cuts will happen.....so it doesnt happen in the middle of me cooking tea later!!!

hi,

Just rung them and my postcode (in S5 7**)

LOW risk: 9-12pm this evening

3-8pm - thursday evening.

MEDIUM risk: 3-6am Thursday

9-midnite - Thursday

HIGH risk: 3-6pm today (he says if it didn't go off we were lucky)

9-12am - Thurday

Hope this helps anyone out.

Archived