Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Getting phone calls at work - people complaining they have no electricity and more or less blaming us for it being off so long. When I told a particular person it was out of our hands the YEDL people were working on restoring the electricity and thousands of people were in the same situation, this person had the nerve to say, "Well I'm only interested in me at the moment"!!! :mad: How selfish can people be, cos they live in what they may think is a super flat (I would never live in one myself) they think they are something else and at the click of a finger people can work miracles. Have they not heard anything what is going on, have they not seen a newspaper, people have lost lives, have lost all their possessions, and they are complaining cos they have no electricity! :mad::loopy::rant:

selfish $%*$!!!. we have had to carry on at work with no power for two days as essential services cant just close for a couple of days. we have managed to muddle through, people like this make me sick!

That's typical just get the modem set up and the power comes back on.. been off at walkley for about 3 hours

Any idea what the schedule is for tomorrow for walkley, my mum is there and gets in a panic quite easily.

Here's the rota spreadsheet for "load shedding" - couldn't see it anywhere else so thought I'd upload it

http://www.temples.me.uk/misc/Rota Shedding Postcode Blocks Schedule 27 June 07.xls

You'll need MS Excel

*** NOTE : Their plans may have changed, so use it as a guide only ***

It covers to tomorrow morning ish.

I'm in "S6 4" with two options. Basically one end of my road is on Stannington, the other end on clay wheels. So *I've* got power till 9pm then off till 3am, back on, and off 6am to 9am - great for breakfast!!.

Am trying to get my UPS jury rigged so I can keep a few things running :-)

Simon

does any1 kno if powers bk on in hillsborough centre from yesterday? Its my shoppin day 2moro n im walkin down from southey so just wanted to kno whether to bother. im talking about morrisons mainly, and also if cash machines are workin down there? any info appreciated, thanks.

does any1 kno if powers bk on in hillsborough centre from yesterday? Its my shoppin day 2moro n im walkin down from southey so just wanted to kno whether to bother. im talking about morrisons mainly, and also if cash machines are workin down there? any info appreciated, thanks.

Alot of shops were reopen this am as i drove to work. Morrisons open as ive been tonight as are the cash machines there

xx

Archived