Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

Thats so selfish, i dont mind being without power again if it helps others get theirs back on. :D

Yeah same here in for a penny in for a pound :)

But in 9 months down the line the midwifes will get confused when all babies are being born at 3 hour intervals :P:hihi:

Yeah same here in for a penny in for a pound :)

But in 9 months down the line the midwifes will get confused when all babies are being born at 3 hour intervals :P:hihi:

they will wont they we was talking about that earlier !!! happy baby making sheffield lol :hihi::hihi:

I'm a S6 4HB and had cuts this morning 8 to 11ish and this evening 6-30 to 9 ish.

I'm Middlewood Road overlooking the park if this helps to work out a system. I would just like to know when I can cook and things in advance. I sent an email to the YEDL through the site. Had a very quick response - they will reply within 10 days. In the meantime if anyone does manage to crack the code please let me know.

Well we are still off up here (2nd time today) And I presume it will be off till about 12:30.. I only have an hour left in my laptop battery, so I am off to listen to the wind up radio

Didn't realise, until last night, that we were one of the few with hot water and a working gas oven in S6!

Our boiler is too ancient to be digital and our gas cooker doesn't have a 'safety over ride' on the gas oven........

Yippee....

and to think we almost paid a small fortune to get the boiler changed last year ;-)

hi as any1 in the s5 9 area been off

S9 isn't on the list. I'm guessing either it's not supplied from Neepsend (where the flood is - it is probably supplied from Brindsworth), or they're trying to leave the power in S9 on to give flooded premises the best opportunity to clean up and re-open.

Archived