Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

I live on Middlewood Road opposite the park and still have no power (since yeasterday afternoon). Anyone heard anything about when it might be back on? Are the shops in Hillsborough open?

Thanks.

I live on Middlewood Road opposite the park and still have no power (since yeasterday afternoon). Anyone heard anything about when it might be back on? Are the shops in Hillsborough open?

Thanks.

I live on Wadsley Lane, no power since 3.30pm yesterday. No hot water, cooker is electric so no hot food. Its awful. Rang a number yesterday and was told "working on it" the same as everyone else. Thank god my office have back up power! Coffee, mmmmmm.

Spoken to friend on Beeley Wood Road they still haven't any power. Haven't had any since 3.00 pm yesterday.

Would also like to say I am thinking of everyone in Sheffield. I was so lucky having driven from there yesterday afternoon (from Intake side of Sheffield) but having stayed in Hillsborough area over the weekend at the Garrison, and hadn't quite appreciated the extensiveness of the flooding until I got home and a lot of my friends had been trying to contact me to see if I had got home alright. I had actually had a much better drive home than normal!

As I say my thoughts are with everyone in Sheffield and I just hope things can get back to normal as soon as possible for you all.

11:20am........ Yew Lane no power since 3pm yesterday.... has anyone managed to get through to NPower

I got recorded message saying 40,000 people still have no power and the are unsure if they can reinstate this by the end of today

Archived