Power cut discussion thread... please save electricity during the crisis

I have just called YEDL they say if you are off power now, it is unikely to be restored until late this evening, maybe even tommorow, They will also not pay compensation as per the usual 18 hr rule as this is a freak weather problem and under their T&C's they are not eligable to provide custoerms with compensation or contingency plans unless you suffer medical problems.

Also Virgin Media say that they are unliekly to restore Phone problems today to affected areas.

HAPPY DAYS !!! :rant: (They'll both still expect their bill on time )

We live at Wadsley Park Village and electric has been off since about 3pm yesterday (Monday) - when I left the house this morning at 7.45am it was still off. Anyone got any idea of when it might possibly be back up and running? Really looking forward to sorting the freezers out when its back up and running (or should I say looking forward to making a call to our insurance company!!!!!)

We live at Wadsley Park Village and electric has been off since about 3pm yesterday (Monday) - when I left the house this morning at 7.45am it was still off. Anyone got any idea of when it might possibly be back up and running? Really looking forward to sorting the freezers out when its back up and running (or should I say looking forward to making a call to our insurance company!!!!!)

Power was still off, half an hour ago on WPV when i rang home. How come the phones still work with no electricity ? :(

Archived