Ulley Dam discussion and latest news

Tony

Shouldnt we be ignoring Radio Sheffield however as stated earlier in this very thread?

To clarify, when this thread was started, it was for that moment in time the latest news that we could get way before anything I could see on the news. As I personally can't access to the Sky news because I'm on a 56k modem, I am grateful for any other updates apart from listening to online Radio Sheffield.

I guess that is why this thread was started.

However...whether the updates from Radio Sheffield about the actual situation of the dam is true or not, the "Evacuation Orders" are definitely being issued by the South Yorkshire Police to reduce their workload too in the area near Ulley Reservoir. So if you tune into the radio to listen to that for the predicted affected areas. Then it will help those who live near Ulley to prepare for the worst. They may not be affected, but it is suggested that they should go to their nearest Evacuation Centre.

I am in S2. If the water from the reservoir do hit the power station nearby there, then it will affect myself too. (Apparently it will affect 80% of Sheffield's power?) Hence I am also just preparing for some food and digging out some stuff. Just in case. It's better than being in the lurch really.

I hope that clarify things.

I personally dont think its good advice at all - and by someone saying on here on a public forum that the station is useless and should be ignored - isnt that slightly libelous to say such things?

Personally, I really dont think its wise for Sheffield Forum to be putting potentially libelous statements about a BBC Radio Station on here.

Floodman, we've been telling people to keep an eye on the local media.

If you have an issue with some posts on here, then report them appropriately.

If you're just trying to stir up trouble, don't bother - this isn't the time or the place for it and we won't tolerate it.

I personally dont think its good advice at all - and by someone saying on here on a public forum that the station is useless and should be ignored - isnt that slightly libelous to say such things?

Personally, I really dont think its wise for Sheffield Forum to be putting potentially libelous statements about a BBC Radio Station on here.

no, that's some expressing an opinion, it is not libelous.. saying radio sheffield employs minors and supports organised crime would be libelous.. saying i think they are cack is just my opinion..

do not start a discussion on the legalities of postings.. take that to the main forum - this is specifically for flood discussion.. so far, the forum seems to be a better resource for news regarding this subject than some official news sources..

Floodman, we\'ve been telling people to keep an eye on the localmedia.

If you have an issue with some posts on here, then report them appropriately.

If you\'re just trying to stir up trouble, don\'t bother - this isn\'t the time or the place for it and we won\'t tolerate it.

I am not trying to stir up trouble on here - but seeing as though an admin on this site has said and I quote again.

Radio Sheffield is useless - ignore them

Now.. being someone who works in a legal capacity I have forwarded this onto Radio Sheffield BECAUSE my dear fellow - for starters, this is a comment that is not helping anyone in any way - secondly, the intent was to stear people to ignore anything coming from Radio Sheffield hinting at them not giving the correct advice, so as such you are making libelous comments are you not?

As I have said, I have passed this onto Radio Sheffield for them to see for themselves.

So are we to believe tittle-tattle on a forum then and not the local media, who I am sorry to say for you, a lot more adept at delivering media to the masses.

Yes, this should be kept for flood matters - but just making the point that we should NOT be ignoring advice given by Radio Sheffield.

Thats the point that is being made here.

well done for ruining a thread.. glad to see you signed up today specifically to do so.. if you find time out from your busy schedule of sitting on your high horse, look up the term "internet troll"..

thanks for all the constant updates, Admins and fellow forummers :)

Archived